Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Should I Do The Next Service

daveccma

Hi,

Just bought 2nd hand fiesta. The car has done 7500 miles and is still under warranty for another 11 month. The previous owner serviced it at the first year (March 2010, 3600 miles). The dealer was not a ford main dealer and I was told that they have serviced it for me, but can not stamp on the service book and otherwise the ford warranty would be void. I was also told that I won’t need to service it for another 7000 miles.

Here is the question, when should I service it again? Should I service it every year or just according to the mileage? I don’t want to miss a stamp in case to sale it in further.

Many thanks

David

Ford's need doing once every 12,500 miles or 1 year (which ever is sooner). But if the dealer has serviced the car before you brought it, they should of stamped the book. You may find if you have a fault with the car and don't service it for another year, Ford could easily turn around and say no. I would get back to the dealer you got it from to double check the status of its service histroy and warranty.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Just bought 2nd hand fiesta. The car has done 7500 miles and is still under warranty for another 11 month. The previous owner serviced it at the first year (March 2010, 3600 miles). The dealer was not a ford main dealer and I was told that they have serviced it for me, but can not stamp on the service book and otherwise the ford warranty would be void. I was also told that I won’t need to service it for another 7000 miles.

Here is the question, when should I service it again? Should I service it every year or just according to the mileage? I don’t want to miss a stamp in case to sale it in further.

Many thanks

David

Do you have an invoice for the service he has so called carried out?

If he hasn't stamped your book I doubt he has actually serviced the car, why would he do that. if he has serviced the car but not used OEM parts, then it's out of warranty anyway unless he/you rectify it. There's no point servicing the car using OEM parts and not stamping the book. By not stamping your book and providing sufficient invoice, he's pretty much waiving the warranty goodbye anyway as if you took the car in to a dealer in say 10 months time for a warranty issue, they would possibly ask about service as it won't be on their system and more than likely void your warranty as the car hasn't been serviced accordingly to the manufacturer's recommendations. Stating Joe Blogs Dealer serviced it when I bought it wouldn't hold any weight.

What you need to do is take the car back to the dealer and demand they service the car, as in it's current state it will go out of warranty, as all it needs is oil, filter and odour filter and make sure they use OEM filters and recommended oil and stamp the book accordingly and invoice you accordingly. Then, the warranty still stands.

As it stands now, you have purchased a car that needs servicing correctly to keep the warranty updated, I bet he used the remaining warranty as a selling point, when it's quite the opposite.

Anyone garage can service the car as long as it's to OEM recommendations and they should stamp the book and invoice you for the correct parts used.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club