Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Revs Are Best?

Mark I Williams

I have a 54 plate Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 130. I've just got the car and it's my first one with 6 gears. So I can make sure I'm running it as efficiently as possible, what is the optimum revs to run at? For example, doing 60mph in 5th the car is doing just over 2,000 revs. In 6th gear it's about 1,500. Which is better for fuel economy?

I should think that 1300-1600 revs would be most fuel efficient, by posting this i know i will be attacked by others who knows better. But to my defense i dont drive a diesel i just work whit them, the best way of knowing is trying. Good Luck!

Mighty

• 2 weeks later...

Generally considered that under 2000 revs is in the economy range, I find the Mondeo is happy over 1500 rpm possibly a little higher (1700rpm) for the longer gears, given the choice 6th gear

You may as well keep the revs low as that's where all the torque is, and you'll save yourself fuel. Diesels don't like being thrashed and they've got such a small powerband that it's not really worth it. Keep the revs low and ride the torque wave!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club