Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused By New Car Pricing - Help

somerset

Hi

Im looking to part-ex my fiesta 1.25 against a new 2011 fiesta 5 door.

For a new 5 door style, my local dealer (brunelford) is quoting me;

Discounts of;

- £500 (if I take finance which they claim I can pay off after 1 day, so no interest charges)

- £750 (employee discount as brother-in-law works for Land Rover in Solihull)

- £2,500 (part-ex value for my 2004 fiesta 1.25LX 5 door with 45,000 miles)

= £6,000 balance to pay

They will include £20 of fuel and a bunch of flowers :D

They have some metallic vehicles for that price so not just bog-standard red or white.

So, my question is, does that seem like a decent deal ?

Paul

Do you have to buy a brand new car in this case. I have never quite understood why people buy new cars ( especially bottom of the range models ).

Could you not mybe have a look at a car 12 - 18 months and get a zetec or titanium maybe.

Excusing the fact that you seem to be getting a very good deal, but for me i would never buy a brand new car, unless it was a luxury car etc.

Good luck with the purchase, seems like a great deal.

Paul, Which one are you dealing with Ashton, Horfield or Weston? I have had a hell of an experience with them but wont go into it on the forum due to libel but in short ordered a car and they kept delaying it for over 4 months they claimed it was the factory but when to my local dealership and had it on my driveway within 3 weeks.

The car is lovely and i did love my old my 6.5 but the 7 feels more refined and better build and your discount would be tempting but just be cautious also stay away from their service plan its crap and they never do a good job both my parents Focus CC and my old fiesta had their service plan and they never done any of the extra stuff they said they would.

Although the salesman are very friendly but trust me you have any problems they are useless it took them 3 visits and having the car 2 weeks to change the switch for the lights!

Let me know if you want any more info.

I work and sell for ford. The model is now an edge not a style don't but a style. Also the employee discount should be 1500 not 750. Ford have put on a extra 750 employee discount ontop of the normal 750 available for registrations in march. This means we have been selling edge models and zetec less than they are on the used pitch.

Also even if you pay it off after one day you will still get a small interest charge and asmall amount taken off for settling early so you won't save 500 exact more like 400ish

wow - thx for all those replies (even the double post :P )

we are dealing with the weston-super-mare branch - TBH the saleswoman was useless and the "office guy" wasnt too forthcoming with info. Having said that, we would prefer them to the pushy in-yer-face salespeople of a few years back.

we have also been looking at hyundia i20 and i30's as they are getting very good reviews - but we dont get the employee discount or any finance related discount off those. Even with the "no vat" offer they have at the moment, they are more expesnsive than the fords.

-----------------------------

adzmcp

whereabouts are you in the country - can we buy thru you with a part-ex and get car delivered to us?

it would be good to deal with someone knowledgeable - who we can come back and "slag-off" on the forum if things go badly wrong :lol:

on the figures i gave above - and allowing for the higher £1500 employee discount - what could we expect to get for £6k to £7k MAXIMUM ??

Paul

:D I am In Leeds. I will give u my work email address if you can Email me what you want. I.E 5Door / 3Door preferred engine and colour. I will look at it tomorrow for you and Email / call back. I will PM you my Email address. Do you get the Privilege discount or D-Plan??

Do you have to buy a brand new car in this case. I have never quite understood why people buy new cars ( especially bottom of the range models ).

Could you not mybe have a look at a car 12 - 18 months and get a zetec or titanium maybe.

Excusing the fact that you seem to be getting a very good deal, but for me i would never buy a brand new car, unless it was a luxury car etc.

Good luck with the purchase, seems like a great deal.

When I bought ours new, I couldn't get a used one with same spec for cheaper.

It all depends how much you pay for new. ;)

:D I am In Leeds. I will give u my work email address if you can Email me what you want. I.E 5Door / 3Door preferred engine and colour. I will look at it tomorrow for you and Email / call back. I will PM you my Email address. Do you get the Privilege discount or D-Plan??

Adzmcp

I currently work for ford motor company at Bridgend engine plant,I also shop around for the lads for the best deals on privilege.currently I use a few dealers in south Wales,plus Gk ford,peoples ford,lookers ford in Sheffield.would it be ok if I use you as well

Cheers

Im now stuck between two cars and dealers 200 miles apart.

Which would you opt for????

Remember, Ive got these discounts;

£500 ford credit discount

£1,500 ford priveledge employee discount

£2,500 part-ex on current 2004 Fiesta

=£4,500

Dealer No.1 (10 miles from me)

They originally offered me a good deal (start of thread) but it seems to have changed and they won't move;

Fiesta Edge 1.25 82PS

5 Door

City Pack

Ink Blue Metallic

Cost to me £6,000

Dealer No.2 (200 miles away)

Fiesta Edge 1.25 82PS

5 Door

bluetooth Pack

Alloy Wheels

Base Red (non metallic)

Delivery/collection from Aylesbury to Somerset is free.

Cost to me £5,250

So, taking into account the £750 lower cost, do you think the lack of metallic paint and having to deal with a supplier who is miles away is worth it?

What are you thoughts on the add-ons? - is the bluetooth/alloys better than the city pack?

Thanks all - I have to decide on this today

Paul

Pretty much a no brainer, go for the cheapest option.

If you park on the road, you may miss the electric folding mirrors of the City pack, but the rear parking sensors are not really neccessary on hatchbacks as it's quite easy to judge where you are.

Red isn't common compared to the black and the whites on the road either.

You won't need to deal with supplier after purchase, any local dealer will deal with warranty issues and you can get it serviced anywhere as long as they use the correct manufacturer parts and schedule.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club