Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Cold Air From Air Con

noddy

Always worth a try on the forum before going to the garage............

56 plate 2.5 petrol s-max has no cold air coming from the air con. Fans all working ok just not cold.

All internal settings checked and normal.

The owners handbook mentions nothing about the location or servicing of the air con unit.

Any ideas or is it a garage job?

Thanks.

Always worth a try on the forum before going to the garage............

56 plate 2.5 petrol s-max has no cold air coming from the air con. Fans all working ok just not cold.

All internal settings checked and normal.

The owners handbook mentions nothing about the location or servicing of the air con unit.

Any ideas or is it a garage job?

Thanks.

youre aircon gas likely needs recharged as it runs out can take between 6 months and 1 year any garage can check it and top it up for you

theres nothing you can service hence why its not mentioned dangerous gas

TBH if there's no cold air then you almost certainly have a leak in the system, or one of the components has failed.

Car's don't usually need re-gassing until they're 10-12+ years old.

• 1 month later...

Garage say there is a leak in the system, maybe two.

Difficult to see where it is coming from but they suspect it may be just a pipe or the receiver drier too.

Oh well, another thing to add to the list of issues- worst case maybe up to £500 worth if it is something else altogether!

Aaaaaargh.

They should be able to put UV dye into the system and find out where the leak is. If your dealer doesn't offer this, look for your local air conditioning centre. I see you're in Wiltshire - Top Stop between Ludgershall & Andover have an air-con service centre.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out it was 'just a pipe' behind the bumper somewhere for 'just £400' all in, including the subsequent recharge.

That sounds alot of money for a single pipe and recharge ! TBH if i was quoted that much then i would have got at least another two quotes , and even if it was the cheap quote thats still alot to pay.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club