Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys

turboace

One of the keys to our 05 plate Mondeo has will not blip the lock anymore. It had been working intermittently and this morning our Ford garage replaced the battery and now it doesn't work at all. They tested it and reported that the sender in the key had failed (our other key works perfectly). I'm told a new sender is £50 plus £60 for programming. £110 seems a lot. Is there a cheaper was to achieve the same end?

• 3 weeks later...

One of the keys to our 05 plate Mondeo has will not blip the lock anymore. It had been working intermittently and this morning our Ford garage replaced the battery and now it doesn't work at all. They tested it and reported that the sender in the key had failed (our other key works perfectly). I'm told a new sender is £50 plus £60 for programming. £110 seems a lot. Is there a cheaper was to achieve the same end?

Look on e Bay but make sure you get the right part number (its stamped on the plastic on the inside of the blip where the 2 halves join key end). Once you get a blip the programming is a doddle.

Since reading this I've seen a post whith the same problem which turned out to be the battery contcacts in the blip needing to be bent up to make better contact, its unusual for a remote to stop working all of a sudden so a simple check may cure the prob.

• 2 weeks later...
Look on e Bay but make sure you get the right part number (its stamped on the plastic on the inside of the blip where the 2 halves join key end). Once you get a blip the programming is a doddle.

Since reading this I've seen a post whith the same problem which turned out to be the battery contcacts in the blip needing to be bent up to make better contact, its unusual for a remote to stop working all of a sudden so a simple check may cure the prob.

Thansk

Do the programming instructions come with the blip?