Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp With Traction Assist & Brake Assist

tone

Hi Guys

The Electronic Stability Programme is an option on most of the Fiesta's and I was wondering what would be needed to add it to a car without it.

Do any of our knowledgable guys out there know if its just a software progamme thing or do we need to add some hardware bits as well.

I was under the impression that all new Fiesta's came with ESP as standard, The Zetec S comes with a button to turn it off, (part of street pack).

I could be wrong though...

Any built from March 2010 will have the ESP fitted as standard.

Before that date, it was an option.

Hi Guys

The Electronic Stability Programme is an option on most of the Fiesta's and I was wondering what would be needed to add it to a car without it.

Do any of our knowledgable guys out there know if its just a software progamme thing or do we need to add some hardware bits as well.

In addition to the traction control/ABS bits (throttle control and brake on/off per wheel) the ESP requires a yaw sensor (under the driver's seat IIRC) to detect sideways motion. In older cars there was also a steering wheel position sensor, but as the Mk7 has electric steering, I assume it just uses info from that. ESP just compares the actual sideways motion from the yaw sensor against the wheel speed and steering wheel angle and tries to compensate for any under/over steer by applying the brakes and adjusting the throttle. So it is mostly software, but you'd need the yaw sensor, a new wiring loom and the hard bit of getting the software updated (I doubt you'll find a dealer who would do this, but you never know).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club