Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tow Bar Electrics... Is There A Socket In The Loom

andybristol

I've just fitted a nice swan neck tow bar to the wifes focus but ran out of light for today, so have left the electrics until tomorrow, looking forward and with regard to the electrics for the standard 7 pin trailer socket does anyone know if there is and of course where it is, a quick fit socket in the existing loom to plug in or at least pick up from a single point the electrical connections for the trailer socket ?

Thanks for any assistance, oh its an 57plate focus climate if that helps.

Aj

Hey Andy I cant help you but I will be intrested to see the outcome, Let us know what you decide to do.

I was wondering the same thing about my 04 focus as I started to fit a rear cycle carrier to see how it fitted, but then I thought wait a minute, Im gonna cover the number plate and lights If I put a bike on the back, So I was thinking of a standard 7 pin trailer socket Only so I could fit a Cycle Carrier Lighting Board.

I fitted a towbar on my 57 plate about a month ago.

You can buy a loom kit but they are quite expensive ( click here )

For the older focus they are alot cheaper

I used a stantard 7 pin wiring an stotch locks but i did buy one of these ( click here ) as they recommened for lighting systems in newer cars

They need a 12volt feed which was thickish orange wire in the bottom right hand corner of the boot

nyck

• 5 months later...

hi I was wandering the same on my 53 plate focus I cant seem to find much in the Haynes manual or on Google if i find anything i will post it

• 11 months later...

Did you fit it? I'm having trouble wiring my 2010 focus to the towbar :'( don know where to wire it to as there are wires down both side of the boot ?