Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacesaver Wheel

john5

Hi

I have got a normal size spare wheel for my Focus, has anyone on here got rid of there spacesaver? I was wondering what other uses they may have, do they fit Caravans or anything like that.

cheers

John.

not sure if it would fit a caravan tbh, you'd need to check the stud pattern etc

i wouldnt trust a space saver on something like that as its really not much wider than a bicycle tyre

Good up to 40 mph, but even that affects handling - personally I prefer the tyre weld in a can - at least you can get further on your normal tyre - meaning that if you do need to go to spacesaver - its less distance to travel on it!

Thanks both for your replies, I just wondered if I could sell it for a few bob. Looks like it's up the tip then, shame really as the useless things never been on the road.

cheers

John.

May be worth keeping it till you get a full size, but I wouldnt try to interchange car / caravan tyres anyway. even if you have a spare wheel, keep a can of tyre weld in the boot, cos on a pizzly rainy day you wont get half as soaked, just to drive another 5 minutes (or up to 50 miles!) to get home!

Yeah I have got a full size wheel now, that's a good idea about the tyre weld, I will get a can.

cheers

John.

Glad to be of use! hope the full size didnt cost too much?

No it was £35 out of a scrap yard, with a tyre that has 1000s of miles left on it.

did you get the polystirene spacer kit to bring the boot up flush with the top of the rim, and i dont know much about the tyre foam in a can stuff, if its used on a tyre does that mean you have to buy a completly new tyre to replace it ?? :blink:

Hi Lenny,

No you dont. The Holts TyreWeld, apparently identifies that it can be washed out of the tyre very easily by many nationally recognised tyre companies. Apparently it causes no harm to the tyre, and the likes of repairable punctures, can still be resolved and driven upon.

Some people have said that using it for a long period of time (or leaving it in the tyre for a long period of time) it apparently eats away at the rubber. There is no definite proof that it does, so you will read some horror stories on it, but take them all with a pinch of salt. I suspect only if people use cheap and nasty tyres in the first place will these products cause problems.

The National Tyres Distribution Assosciation support the product, and most suppliers will indicate on the listing of the product it can be washed out (from what I remember it says it on the tin :))

http://www.nielsencdg.co.uk/acatalog/Holts_Tyreweld_400ml.html

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

No you dont. The Holts TyreWeld, apparently identifies that it can be washed out of the tyre very easily by many nationally recognised tyre companies. Apparently it causes no harm to the tyre, and the likes of repairable punctures, can still be resolved and driven upon.

Thanks mate, i will be investing in a can or two :)

Watch out as it has expiration date, so dont go crazy ;)

Also shop around, I bought mine from Halfords when it was on offer, but if you dont need it just yet, save yourself a few quid! lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club