Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 'tips & Tricks'

BHeart

Hi

Like most makes of cars, I've no doubt that the Fiesta Mk7 has some little known 'tips & tricks' though, none that I have heard about, as yet but, a guy at work told me that he had hear that, if you keep the 'unlock button' pressed longer that normal, the electric windows open as you walk towards the car and then closes the windows when you do the same with the 'lock button'. This apparently works on most modern cars. Great on a hot day when your car been parked up all day but, I've not had the chance to try this yet, does it work?

I'd also like to know if there are any others tips/tricks that work on the Fiesta Mk7?

Thanks, BHeart

never heard that one before. anyone tried it..

Jamie

I just googled it out of interest; seems to apply to the Kuga and C-Max at least, but only if they're fitted with four electric windows (otherwise only the sunroof is opened/closed). Also seems to apply to some Focus's (sp?), but no mention of the Fiesta. It's a system called 'global opening'.

I'm going to try it tomorrow anyway, but I know for a fact it doesn't work just by locking the car normally :P. When I tried that once and it stayed open I had to go through the long process of unlock car, turn on ignition, close window, turn off ignition and lock car again.

may need it to activate, if is a module there you can try manually with the key in the lock, turn it and keep it there... i tired when i bought my car, unfortunately no joy...

may the titanium do..

Fiesta doesn't do it. Tried it first day I bought it.

Only on Focus and above.

Brother with '60 plate Astra SRIXP took the pee fully and now does it at every opportunity so I know his car is better :P

Haha, the remote central locking on my mk 6 barely unlocks the doors never mind putting the windows down. Dunno what it is but when you put a new battery in it works fine for a few days then goes weeks on end without working again.

Damn I got excited when I started reading this post but then got disapointed as I read through the replys lol :(

I used this with my first car ( fiat punto gt) when you lock your car it will close your windows, but you can not remote down...

Window Control Module

pw020.jpg

I tried it this morning, and yeh it didn't work :(. It's funny how you can feel disappointed that you don't have a feature you knew nothing about a day ago lol.

• 3 years later...

Righto... just to annoy some more of you guys...

My 2013 1.0 125 ZS Ecoboost doesn't have this remote window locking feature either.

My daughters similar but 2014 car does!

Mine works spot on :) 2014 fiesta st :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC