Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Door Mirrors

graham1979

Hello guys and girls,

another quick question, when i lock the doors on my fiesta titanium i have noticed that the drivers door mirror closes as normally but it sounds as if the motor is continuing for a few extra seconds making a low squeaking noise. i have only had the car for a few months but cant remember it doing it previously. i was worried it might burn the motor out or something. anybody else have the same issue?

how easy is it to get work done under the ford direct warranty? i live close to ford jennings in stockton on tees but got the car from evans halshaw in darlington.

thanks for any advice in advance

graham

Mine occasionally 'sing' to me and when the plastic is hot they do make a farting noise, ford told me the singing is normal

• Like 1

Doesn't matter where you bought the car, all Ford dealers should sort warranty claims out.

It's not a claim.

The plastic is touching the window rubbers nothing dangerous

It's not a claim.

The plastic is touching the window rubbers nothing dangerous

Eh? never said it was a warranty claim. Graham asked this question though, which I answered.

how easy is it to get work done under the ford direct warranty? i live close to ford jennings in stockton on tees but got the car from evans halshaw in darlington.

graham

Although, it's a known fault on the powerfold mirrors and they need resetting using software to stop them hitting the door frame, as seen on ETIS.

23/06/09 Rear view mirror touches the front door window glass moulding while folding in

37/2009

Should a customer express that the rear view mirror touches the front door window glass moulding while folding in, the probable cause is a misalignment of the rear view mirror.

To rectify this concern, the installation position of the rear view mirror should be revised.

You never said it was. Just like I didn't say you said it was. I just quoted your post because I saw the word 'warranty' ;)

In fact I didn't even quote you.

Thus my post is a statement aimed in the direction of anyone reading the thread.

You can get back on your high horse now :)

Mine occasionally 'sing' to me and when the plastic is hot they do make a farting noise, ford told me the singing is normal

Typical Ford response,I used to work for a company that made vehicle mirrors and the likes of Toyota and Nissan used to bounce the mirrors back under warranty, when the power fold mirrors started to squeak and grone.

In fact I didn't even quote you.

Thus my post is a statement aimed in the direction of anyone reading the thread.

You can get back on your high horse now :)

Oh dear, put your dummy back in. :lol:

Although, it's a known fault on the powerfold mirrors and they need resetting using software to stop them hitting the door frame, as seen on ETIS.

Yeah mine do it to, as if they are overworking the last little bit.

Thats interesting, I may get them to do this!

Oh dear, put your dummy back in. :lol:

You not like it when people talk to you like you talk to them?

Dummy is back in, I've picked my toys up and am back in the pram.

xx

You not like it when people talk to you like you talk to them?

Dummy is back in, I've picked my toys up and am back in the pram.

xx

No, just people who can't be bothered to read exactly what's written instead of looking who posted it and interpreting the written words exactly how they want to.

No, just people who can't be bothered to read exactly what's written instead of looking who posted it and interpreting the written words exactly how they want to.

oh i did read, you were the first person to mention warranty, whether you inferred directly or not that its something that needs looking at under warranty, it was still you who bought warranty into the thread.

you'd never admit it but that's how it was implied

oh i did read, you were the first person to mention warranty, whether you inferred directly or not that its something that needs looking at under warranty, it was still you who bought warranty into the thread.

you'd never admit it but that's how it was implied

Was I, are you sure, maybe you'd like to check that again?

The very first post in this thread. I've highlighted the neccessary word as you seem to have a problem with reading, as I pointed out earlier.

Hello guys and girls,

another quick question, when i lock the doors on my fiesta titanium i have noticed that the drivers door mirror closes as normally but it sounds as if the motor is continuing for a few extra seconds making a low squeaking noise. i have only had the car for a few months but cant remember it doing it previously. i was worried it might burn the motor out or something. anybody else have the same issue?

graham

Have you brought a shovel with you, as that hole gets bigger every type you type. :lol:

how can you class the thread starters post in that? if you want to be that anal then fine.... yours was the first outside response including the word 'warranty'. better?

how can you class the thread starters post in that? if you want to be that anal then fine.... yours was the first outside response including the word 'warranty'. better?

What part of answering a question that was asked don't you understand?

It was Graham to first mention warranty because it was his topic.Out of Keith and Mikester it was Keith to first mention warranty as a reply.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club