Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Stereo Removal And Code

Lowfellboy

Hello All, help or advice please. You will have heard this one before.

I have changed the battery on my daughters Ford Ka, before I did I asked her to make sure she had the radio manual and radio code as the radio would not work, she defintaly had it all in a safe place, guess what? she is still looking for it.

Anyway, it is a RDS 5000 Eon radio cassete. I do not have the serial number as I believe you may have to take out the radio to find this.

I have approached the Ford main dealer, and having just spent £600 with them getting it through MOT, they asked me to book another appointment and quoted me another small fortune to rectify the radio. If the procedure is simple I will try myself.

My questions are;

1. Can I find the serial number withou removing the unit.

2. If I have to, how do I remove the unit?

3. Once I have get the radio code, how do I input the code, (bare in mind we cannot find the radio manual)

Thanks in advance.

Hello All, help or advice please. You will have heard this one before.

I have changed the battery on my daughters Ford Ka, before I did I asked her to make sure she had the radio manual and radio code as the radio would not work, she defintaly had it all in a safe place, guess what? she is still looking for it.

Anyway, it is a RDS 5000 Eon radio cassete. I do not have the serial number as I believe you may have to take out the radio to find this.

I have approached the Ford main dealer, and having just spent £600 with them getting it through MOT, they asked me to book another appointment and quoted me another small fortune to rectify the radio. If the procedure is simple I will try myself.

My questions are;

1. Can I find the serial number withou removing the unit.

2. If I have to, how do I remove the unit?

3. Once I have get the radio code, how do I input the code, (bare in mind we cannot find the radio manual)

Thanks in advance.

ok you can try and press 6 and 1 or 6 and 2, now this may give some data on the radio display, post the data to see if we can see a serial number in the data.

if you need to remove the radio unit chiil out, its no biggie see here www.fitaudio.com and watch a video of how to remove your unit, all you need to do is put your unit model in to see the video. you will need radio removal keys, ensure you get the correct ones for your model of radio, they cost pennies available from any half decent factors and halfrauds.

once you have the serial number post it here and some one will be able to help you out. see below for inputting code

TO ENTER THE SECURITY KEYCODE FOR A FORD

Switch the ignition ON using the key

Switch Radio ON - Display Shows CODE with " - - - - " flashing

Press Preset Button " 1 " repeatedly for 1st Digit of your KeyCode

Press Preset Button " 2 " repeatedly for 2nd Digit of your KeyCode

Press Preset Button " 3 " repeatedly for 3rd Digit of your Keycode

Press Preset Button " 4 " repeatedly for 4th Digit of your Keycode

If the display now shows the correct KeyCode number then

Press Preset Button " 5 " to Enter.

ok then charge daughter for several pints of bombardier and enjoy ok :)

Thanks Taffg, your help much appreciated.

I have to go to Halfords (half her bulbs are missing!!!) and will do what you advise.

Once I have serial no. I will post and hopefully get the code.

Cheers

Thanks Taffg, your help much appreciated.

I have to go to Halfords (half her bulbs are missing!!!) and will do what you advise.

Once I have serial no. I will post and hopefully get the code.

Cheers

no biggie :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club