Do Not Sell My Personal Information

broken seat release - advise please

flowertot

Hi

I'm new to this and was wondering if you could help me with my latest dilemma. I've got a 2006 plate fiesta, still in warranty, with a broken drivers side seat release. I've taken it back to my local Ford garage but the tell me that this is not covered under warranty as it is classed as "trim"!!!!!! :angry: Is this correct? Is there any way I could force the issue and get this done on warranty? Safety is my main concern as I have children in the back and worry about getting then out if (heaven forbid) we should have an accident.

Any thoughts or comments welcome

Flowertot

Hi

I'm new to this and was wondering if you could help me with my latest dilemma. I've got a 2006 plate fiesta, still in warranty, with a broken drivers side seat release. I've taken it back to my local Ford garage but the tell me that this is not covered under warranty as it is classed as "trim"!!!!!! :angry: Is this correct? Is there any way I could force the issue and get this done on warranty? Safety is my main concern as I have children in the back and worry about getting then out if (heaven forbid) we should have an accident.

Flowertot

hiya take your car back to the garage where u got it from an say to them about the safety feature ie regarding your kids in the back and see if they will sort it out for you thats all i can suggest hope this will help u rob

Hi

Flowertot

Same thing happened to my '03 fiesta, and the dealer reaction was the same.............they said it was MY fault, and I'd have to pay !

I told them it was not fit for purpose, and if it wasn't fixed at the next service under the warranty, I'd be writing with a formal complaint to Ford head office, and wouldn't buy off them again!

The problem was fixed at no cost at next service.

regards

Dave

I had the same problem although unfortunately my car wasn't under warranty. I think the release clip just wears out due to use since its metal on plastic.

My release wasn't working so when I tried to fix it, I accidentally pull the full black clip off! Fortunately this turned out to be a benefit as all I had to do was get another clip from a Ford garage. It cost £17 and just slotted into place.

I'm sure the garage would put on of those on for you for free seeing how you're still covered.

Tomas

there talkin a pile of !Removed!... its a common problem with them fiestas im a fully qualifyed ford mechanic its covered upder warrenty use to replace 4 a day... the cabel snaps on them or the release handle bracket to where the cable is inserted breaks and they ALWAYS replace both.. go in an tell them its covered under warrenty u rang ford direct and they advised you to take it to your local dealer an make them aware u know that its covered under warrenty m8

there talkin a pile of !Removed!... its a common problem with them fiestas im a fully qualifyed ford mechanic its covered upder warrenty use to replace 4 a day... the cabel snaps on them or the release handle bracket to where the cable is inserted breaks and they ALWAYS replace both.. go in an tell them its covered under warrenty u rang ford direct and they advised you to take it to your local dealer an make them aware u know that its covered under warrenty m8

I have the same problem, both the cables on each seat are snapped,this is a safety Hazard but Ford have just quoted me £80 each because i had a 12 month warranty and i have had the car 18 month. Can anyone advise me different?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club