Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Fit New Front Lower Grill On Mk2.5 Focus

Lenny

Well this is embarrassing... can I have more help please?!

I have the titanium trim with the chrome... How do you pull the chrome trim... theres nothing really to pull on?

I've followed the guide (I think) and I can kind feel the clips inside the grill by putting fingers through the grill.. but it seems completely tight. I don't even seem to be close to removing a single clip :(

Any extra advice? How do the clips fix in place, and which way should I be pushing?!

I've got this far(!)

photo3_zpsd4743c00.jpg

Well this is embarrassing... can I have more help please?!

I have the titanium trim with the chrome... How do you pull the chrome trim... theres nothing really to pull on?

I've followed the guide (I think) and I can kind feel the clips inside the grill by putting fingers through the grill.. but it seems completely tight. I don't even seem to be close to removing a single clip :(

Any extra advice? How do the clips fix in place, and which way should I be pushing?!

Hi mark,

Kneel down at the left hand corner of the grill,

Put left hand on bumper next to grill and hold steady.

Put fingers of right hand through grill to pull the rear of the chrome.

Pull hard with right hand.

1, 2, 3 pull.

Then continue this around the grill,

Well I've got it off, but broken most of the chrome clips in the process!

Anyone got a part code / price for the chrome surround (the grill is fine - its just the chrome that I've bust!)

Well I've got it off, but broken most of the chrome clips in the process!

Anyone got a part code / price for the chrome surround (the grill is fine - its just the chrome that I've bust!)

Chrome section is Finis1528578 costs 67.32 Gbp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Ford-FOCUS-2008-Front-Bumper-Grille-Frame-Chrome-Plated-1528578-/151004725656

• 5 months later...

Ordered a Chrome Surround grille off eBay, and it arrived yesterday - doesn't appear to be a genuine Ford part, but the Chrome surround and grille itself are two seperate parts.

Removed the existing grille (which was just a standard lower bumper grille, despite being a Titanium), which snapped most of the tangs - so that aint going back on.

However, having trouble getting some of the bottom tangs/clips to click into place - probably a symptom of not being a genuine part.

This grille, the chrome surround is chrome effect plastic - is that what the genuine one is, or is it chromed metal?

Gonna have another look over the weekend, and try and get the bottom tangs clipped in properly, when I have more time..

Ordered a Chrome Surround grille off ebay, and it arrived yesterday - doesn't appear to be a genuine Ford part, but the Chrome surround and grille itself are two seperate parts.

Removed the existing grille (which was just a standard lower bumper grille, despite being a Titanium), which snapped most of the tangs - so that aint going back on.

However, having trouble getting some of the bottom tangs/clips to click into place - probably a symptom of not being a genuine part.

This grille, the chrome surround is chrome effect plastic - is that what the genuine one is, or is it chromed metal?

Gonna have another look over the weekend, and try and get the bottom tangs clipped in properly, when I have more time..

Hi the genuine ford chrome surround is plastic aswell and comes in two parts chrome and plastic grill,

Fit the grill to the chrome then chrome to the car,

Try gently pushing the chrome lip in while pulling the bumper out,

Put your fingers in through the grill,

Put your thumbs on the bumper,

Push your thumbs

And

Pull with your fingers,

Should go together, but if not genuine then this guide is of no use mate,

• 3 months later...

Very helpful and LOVE that you put part numbers as well making this so easy for the novice to DIY. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can the grill do without the chrome liner? How does it look without?

I find the chrome bits on the front of the Titanium tacky. I guess it could be stripped down and repainted if needs be, like the bonnet lip.

Can the grill do without the chrome liner? How does it look without?

I find the chrome bits on the front of the Titanium tacky. I guess it could be stripped down and repainted if needs be, like the bonnet lip.

you could strip it down and paint it but you may be better to remove and sell it then buy one from a style or zetec spec would earn you a few pounds on sale and purchase,

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for taking time to write this has helped me hugely and probably saved me breaking my bumper whilst trying to remove it. Will be removing mine tomorrow and spraying it. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking time to write this has helped me hugely and probably saved me breaking my bumper whilst trying to remove it. Will be removing mine tomorrow and spraying it. Thanks again.

no prob,

Happy to be of assistance, check my profile page for a list of all my guides with links,

• 6 months later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291309720878?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

found one for 25 quid, remains to be seen how good it is but for that kinda money ill take one for the team and check it out

:)

they have a cool looking RS style hex one too, I don't think it would look good on the silver car but would probably look pretty neat on something more RS/ST'y

• Like 1

well, that took all of 5 min to install, whilst I got the bottom clips off ok the top ones were a pain in the bum, a couple of them have snapped in the process, if its wasn't raining I might have taken a bit more time with it and tried to pry them off but meh!

anyhow, the £25 quid chrome grill

worth every penny, there was a couple of marks on the grill but the chrome was fine, fitted fine, and looks just as good as OEM so yup, go get them folks! Im a little tempted to spray it gloss black but ill sit on that for a while. The only disappointing thing is, whilst poking about in front of the bumper, ive noticed dozens of wee chips and marks :(

whilst I was in there I also noticed the scoops to the intercooler were not seated properly and didn't really direct the air to where it should go, so fixed that too.

But all in all, happy days with the purchase :)

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOCUS-MK2-5-BLACK-RS-STYLE-SPORT-HONEYCOMB-MESH-FRONT-GRILLES-LEFT-RIGHT-CENTRE-/291271023959?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43d11b1d57

That's pretty cool, but I don't think it will work that well with a silver titanium, be a little bling, be cool on a red, blue or white though

• Like 1

I've got a surplus mk2.5 ST lower grill braving the elements in the back yard, took mucho time and effort for my mate to paint it satin black for me but lot of it has ended up flaking off so I got a newie and had it done at a paintshop instead.

Anything I get for it can go to Macmillan rather than one of my off-shore slush funds ;)

If i remove the chrome trim which is broken already will the zetec S grill fit straight in?

If i remove the chrome trim which is broken already will the zetec S grill fit straight in?

Chrome wont fit the zetecS grill, but the zetecS grill will fit standard bumper,

Straight swap

• Like 1

Chrome wont fit the zetecS grill, but the zetecS grill will fit standard bumper,

Straight swap

Thats what i wanted to hear!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/14/2014 at 5:34 PM, Dee_82 said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291309720878?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

found one for 25 quid, remains to be seen how good it is but for that kinda money ill take one for the team and check it out. 

Hey, please tell us how long did you used that grill and how well it aged? Did the chrome peel off fast or it lasted? Cheers 

actually ,I have to say, it was a pile of pish, I changed it for the honeycomb one 🙂 a couple of months of using it and the chrome surround became chipped and pitted, its not real chrome so was impossible to buff up. the honey comb one I have just now has been on it for nearly 4 years. looks as good today as the day it was installed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club