Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Dashboard Lights

Jeff McCrory

The door lock and hazard warning lights on my dash don't seem to illuminate at night :( Is this normal? Car is only 2 months only, just noticed it.

fiestadash.jpg

when you press them do they illuminate?

other than that i would say a connection...take it back and get it sorted under warranty.

when you press them do they illuminate?

other than that i would say a connection...take it back and get it sorted under warranty.

No, they never illuminate. The tiny little red led on the lock button does light when you lock the doors but the orange backlight never works. Booked in for tomoro!

The little orange led on the lock button does light when you lock the doors and hazard will flash when its pressed. They will not illuminate at night

The little orange led on the lock button does light when you lock the doors and hazard will flash when its pressed. They will not illuminate at night

My hazard light doesn't flash when pressed.

Surely the lights should light up, like this...

fiestadash2.jpg

The hazard lights will not flash when you press the lock button from inside the car. They will only flash when you lock the car from the outside with the key.

As for the button lighting up, i'm sure it does once you put your headlights on. I'm not 100% sure about this as i now have the Sony radio.

Got it fixed. Apparently a bug in the headunit's firmware, updating to the latest firmware fixed the issue.

Got it fixed. Apparently a bug in the headunit's firmware, updating to the latest firmware fixed the issue.

Hi

Just been reading your post regard the Mk7 dashboard lights and I'm sure both my switches illuminate but I will check this evening when it's dark.

Both switches obviously should illuminate when the headlights are turned on because a software update sorted your issue out.

after reading this i was intiged so had a play around withe the display setting's. if it is set to automatic dim then when the headlights/sidlights are switched on then the lock annd hazard light button light up but if you have it set to daylight which meens when the lights are switched on the screen doesnt dimm it's self then the lock hazard light switches do not come on regardles of wheter the lights are on or not.

Paul

after reading this i was intiged so had a play around withe the display setting's. if it is set to automatic dim then when the headlights/sidlights are switched on then the lock annd hazard light button light up but if you have it set to daylight which meens when the lights are switched on the screen doesnt dimm it's self then the lock hazard light switches do not come on regardles of wheter the lights are on or not.

Paul

+1

I missed this thread but was wondering the same, when I wanted to use my hazards at night and couldn't find the switch, ended up locking my doors instead, potentially dangerous? If you go into the display settings and switch between auto-dimming and daylight, then the hazard light stays illuminated when the sidelights are on.

Hi

I've been following this thread with interest and it seems that from the last couple of responses, the issue can be solved by going into the 'display settings' and ensuring that 'auto-dimming' is selected.

This just leaves me wondering why a firmware update was required to fix your issue?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club