Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Registration - Wrong Car?

joef

Hey all,

I was going to pick up my new Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 (white - 3dr) on Tuesday, went to the dealer only to find out that my car was in Newcastle and not Glasgow as they first thought. Gutted!

So I am now picking it up on Friday morning, however they gave me the registration number so I could arrange the insurance etc.

The registration is coming up as a Blue Ford Fiesta Edge 5dr, registered in March 2011. Should I be worried and phone up to check they have the correct car coming up from Newcastle? Or is it standard for them to move the plates from other cars in their compound and re-register them onto another car? (i.e. the insurance dvla database just hasn't been updated yet).

They mistakenly thought the car was in Glasgow when it wasn't, so I wouldn't put it past them to send the wrong one!

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Joe

I'd ring the receiving dealer immediately and get them to chase it up with the sending dealer

I'd ring the receiving dealer immediately and get them to chase it up with the sending dealer

+1 whilst DVLA don't always get it right I think it's worth a phone call to the dealer.

Well it turns out they are sending me the correct car. But the salesmen wrote down the wrong registration, got two of the letters round the wrong way. Now need to re-arrange my insurance!

Well it turns out they are sending me the correct car. But the salesmen wrote down the wrong registration, got two of the letters round the wrong way. Now need to re-arrange my insurance!

Bit of a relief though, a quick phone call to the insurers and jobs a good 'un.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club