Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Fitting Tuning Box To 1.6Tdci 95Psi Fiesta

Jedilard

I have a box on order from Tdi-tuning and know from a few posts here it ain't easy. So before I start could anyone that has fitted a box to this model let me have some tips or advice to make it a bit easier.

In return I shall try my best to take pictures and post a 'how to guide' for future reference.

Thanks

I asked "tone"... he have a 1.4 tdci van, he will fit the tuning-box back next week, i can`t wait for the pictures, or any help...

Box arrived today. Instructions pretty poor (as expected) - roughly points to behind the engine.

Strangely I've tried to find a picture/diagram of my 1.6tdci 95psi engine on the internet but can't find one anywhere.

Going to fit it Friday. Any tips would be greatly received.

I told you i`m in Gloucester nearly every day i can show you exactly where you need to connect...

Sorry! I`m just back from London, I will be there on Saturday... pm me your number and i will call you...

I find this pic, if you remove the air-box, you will see the red plug...

dsc06490wz8.jpg

Hi Lez / Jedilard

The photo you have with the red circle on is exactally right. On the 1.4 thats the position of the plug in the end of the fuel rail at the back of the engine low down that you need to take out and connect the box in between.

Now that you know where it is, thats half the battle. On mine its a red plug with 3 wires to it,and you will need to spend some time looking for it. It won't jump out at you but keep looking. To know what type of plug it is and how difficult it will be to remove it, if you look at the front of the engine offside, located on the head is a grey plug with 2 wires, it looks like a camshaft sensor under the intake pipe from the turbo. This is the type of plug and you will need to lift the tang to remove it. I had a very thin screwdriver that I slid under it and pulled the plug off that way.

It can be, no it will be frustrating, but keep at it. It can be done it's just awkward and space is tight. You will need a torch and treble jointed fingers. Once you've done it it becomes easy believe me. Once you've removed it becomes simple, connect one of the plugs from the tuning box to the fuel rail and the other one goes to the red pug you've just removed, "simples tch"

Photo's don't really help as you can't get a clear shot. But use a small thin flat blade screwdriver and practice on a similar plug there are three in the engine bay there's the grey one and a green and a red one all located near or attached to intake pipes on the left of the engine.

I actually have an extension lead that I got from Ron/Darren at Tuning Diesels, once connected you leave it there the plugs now come to the front of the engine compartment where you can hide them aropund the battery, and it means the box can be removed/replaced when you want in about 15 secs and nobody is any wiser.

With my box which is a "synergy 2b", there is an additional lead, this ceratinly applies to the 1.4 I'm not certain about the 1.6 engine, but if you remove the top off the air filter and look under the scuttle, attached to the air box is a grey plug. You need to then connect the other lead from the tuning box to this as well. This alters the boost on the turbo.

Hope this helps, guys its a pig to do the first time as its difficult to see what you're doing hence why you need to know what type of plug it is and how its fixed to get the understanding. But after that you can do it blindfolded and in 10 mins and its done.

• Like 1

FITTED!!!!

Took about 1 1/2 hours and the toughest bit was getting the battery case out. Once that was out it was ok - the plug is hidden but managed to get at it (picture from Lez helped).

I've taken a load of pictures and will write a step by step guide at some point over the next week.

Test drive of the car confirms what everyone says - there is noticeable improvement to the car.

• Like 1

Hi Jedilard

Glad you managed to do it.

Did you have an extention lead to bring the connectors around to the front of the car or have you managed to hide the box at the back of the battery.

Hi Jedilard

looking forward to your how to and any running problems the box has caused

I will be fitting a tuning box

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club