Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Driving Position ?

FIESTA_MAD

well ive ordered myself a 11 reg fiesta zetec 5 door and i cant wait to get it but have a few questions to ask.

well ive driven a fiesta before and comming from learing to drive in a 59 reg corsa d i got the feeling that the seat had to be a little closer to the wheel to reach the foot controls

does anyone else know what i mean ?

do you think its just one of these things going from one car to another and i wont notice when ive driven it for a while ?

thanks.

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

The fiesta let's you play about quite a lot with seat positioning, you can raise the steering wheel right up, slide close up, and raise the seat up to get your feet closer to the pedals. None of this effects the recline of the seat. I have a friend 5ft 2" and she can reach the pedals fine in my car without too much adjustment.

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

The fiesta let's you play about quite a lot with seat positioning, you can raise the steering wheel right up, slide close up, and raise the seat up to get your feet closer to the pedals. None of this effects the recline of the seat. I have a friend 5ft 2" and she can reach the pedals fine in my car without too much adjustment.

im nearly 6ft tall and when i drove one i felt closer to the wheel but i guess i could have had it all set up wrong for my driving :)

guess if i mess with the seat hight and the wheel in/out up.down setting i cant get it so its not so close :)

I'm the same-ish height, I can sit in several positions quite comfortably, You'll be fine once you play around and get used to it! :)

I'm the same-ish height, I can sit in several positions quite comfortably, You'll be fine once you play around and get used to it! :)

yea i was just a little worried i would be too cramped in but im sure i will be fine when ive messed with the setting a guy my size and all :P

cant wait to get my zetec fiesta now .

How long you gotta wait? You'll love it :)

2-5 weeks till i get it getting the 5 door but still love the look of it as much as a 3 door :)

gonna buy some cheap little mods for it cant do anything that puts the premium up :(

but looks good as it is and when i get it and sort out the driving position and othere little bits i will be very happy .

I'm 6ft4 and somehow only need to have the seat about 2/3 of the way along the runners. It seems to go ridiculously far back.

2-5 weeks till i get it getting the 5 door but still love the look of it as much as a 3 door :)

gonna buy some cheap little mods for it cant do anything that puts the premium up :(

but looks good as it is and when i get it and sort out the driving position and othere little bits i will be very happy .

I got the 5 door too. I think it looks better, the back wheels don't look as small as they do on the 3 doors, plus you won't have to get out to let mates in/out the back :D

I'm over 6ft and don't need the chair all the way back either. You'll be fine, the fiesta is like a little tardis.

I got the 5 door too. I think it looks better, the back wheels don't look as small as they do on the 3 doors, plus you won't have to get out to let mates in/out the back :D

I'm over 6ft and don't need the chair all the way back either. You'll be fine, the fiesta is like a little tardis.

thanks for letting me know its fine i new i was just being silly and that it was just because i had been driving a corsa d for around 8 month so got so use to that and when i driven this and had the seat set up ok it will be pl awell :)

and i picked the 5 door because it more practical than a 3 door and looks great in the 5 door anyway so not fussed

am sure you will get comfy.. I am still adjusting bits here and there cos i have a neck issue, so not to do with the car. but does need tweaking to get myself exactly right. i am used to sitting quite low, but in fiesta need to be a bit higher cos the steering wheel doesnt move up and down as much as my previous car. it is a lovely car to drive though.

just out of interest, how close to a wheel does everyone sit? never gave it any thought when i was ok in other cars, but trying now to get this so i dont put strain on myself anywhere (esp neck/shoulders).

i am basically in the gangster reclining position when driving, my mum says i look tiny when driving it and i 6ft odd so as mentioned before, there is a hell of a lot of different places you can be while driving it... i learnt in a clio campus which, on a side note was awful, but i get what you mean it took me awhile to find where i wanted to be and where it felt right... the steering adjustment helps a heck of alot and so does raising and sinking the seat

and for the 5 door... IMO unless you get a zetec s or dressed up tit, then they dont look as good as the 5 doors do :) plus its beautiful not having leave your seat ever when ppl get in!!

i am basically in the gangster reclining position when driving, my mum says i look tiny when driving it and i 6ft odd so as mentioned before, there is a hell of a lot of different places you can be while driving it... i learnt in a clio campus which, on a side note was awful, but i get what you mean it took me awhile to find where i wanted to be and where it felt right... the steering adjustment helps a heck of alot and so does raising and sinking the seat

and for the 5 door... IMO unless you get a zetec s or dressed up tit, then they dont look as good as the 5 doors do :) plus its beautiful not having leave your seat ever when ppl get in!!

yep and im sure u will get comfy in it just getting use to it thats all need to get it first tho lol.

and i love the 5 door fiesta it looks great :)

I'm 6ft4 and somehow only need to have the seat about 2/3 of the way along the runners. It seems to go ridiculously far back.

How the space in the back, considering that you have the seat 2/3?

The back is comfortable for 2 adults, as long as the front seats aren't stupidly far back. It's a bit of a cramp for 3 adults, but is bearable for short journeys

• Like 1

The back is comfortable for 2 adults, as long as the front seats aren't stupidly far back. It's a bit of a cramp for 3 adults, but is bearable for short journeys

Well...I guess 2 adults in the back is the best option anyway for this type of car. I don't see any point in having 3 passengers in the back for long journeys because anyway they don't have space for luggage :D