Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slipping Clutch?

suddste

Hello,

When I change into third and forth gear then step on the accel pedal hard the revs seem to go to around 3000 then it seems to catch and grip again. It also judders slightly. I know this is a symptom of a slipping clutch but your supposed to experience it making a burning smell when slipping, this has never happened, and you are also supposed to notice it slipping when going up a steep hill which I have not noticed either when going about 40mph up a hill.

Before I go and get it replaced, is this really the problem, the car is only at about 39k miles and 7 years old and seems a bit early, although it did have a hard life earlier in it's life I would think.

I had similar problems with my focus, although it had the same clutch for 132000 miles. May of been used had before. P.s when you change the clutch you may need to change a bearing aswel

Age isnt always a good indicator on how hard its worked, so I suggest if you suspect its had a hard life previously, that you should consider replacing the clutch. get it diagnosed properly as you dont want to fork out to find its something much cheaper causing the same symptoms (I heard over lubrication can cause this also).

Age isnt always a good indicator on how hard its worked, so I suggest if you suspect its had a hard life previously, that you should consider replacing the clutch. get it diagnosed properly as you dont want to fork out to find its something much cheaper causing the same symptoms (I heard over lubrication can cause this also).

yes ok thanks once again i'll wait till the service. Today it never slipped, and reverse gear seems to engage much better than before, maybe these problems are connected with each other?

Quite possibly they are but as you say the way its behaving could mean its something very simple and cheap to fix! if you can put up with it then waiting may be the best bet!

Quite possibly they are but as you say the way its behaving could mean its something very simple and cheap to fix! if you can put up with it then waiting may be the best bet!

yes, thanks once again! once again its a false alarm lol. U must be getting used to my posts now

haha, please tell me it wasnt coins in the tray again... ;)

haha, please tell me it wasnt coins in the tray again... ;)

LOL dont think so, still havent found the cause and still havent been able to repeat it, so meh I guess its a false alarm for the moment LOL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club