Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Suspension

michmash/eddie

Just a quick one...

The mk7 fiesta zetec s, does anybody know how much ford lowered it by?

Cheers

Thanks

Just wanted to know before I order some lowering springs

I am also thinking about lowering springs. Which ones should I go for?

Which ones are optimal for the Fiesta?

Well ideally no more than 35mm, from what i have been told any more will put unnecessary strain on the suspension components. How true this is i do not know

Well ideally no more than 35mm, from what i have been told any more will put unnecessary strain on the suspension components. How true this is i do not know

Thanks for the info...

Anybody else has a different approach? :D

The cars can take more lowering than 35mm, however it can accelerate wear on some items.

We offer a coilover kit fr the Mk7 fiesta that will give 50mm on the Sport version with no problems (RSX115)

If your looking for just springs, these come in either 30 or 45mm lowering (based on the non sports version, so approx 15-30 on a sport)

Eibach and H&R have both released springs for the Mk7, both these companies are solid, anything German usually is.

Ford supply the Eibach springs as an aftermarket item and this wouldn't void your warranty.

Ford supply the Eibach springs as an aftermarket item and this wouldn't void your warranty.

Eibach are 30mm?

Can you get the Eibach springs from anyone or do you have to go to ford?

Thanks

Ford Lowered ZS by 10mm compared to standard set up.

Eibachs are Ford approved Springs that drop the car by 30-35mm(Cant seem to find an exact figure its always one or the other)

I bought them online and had them fitted by a friend that works @ ford. There great! I couldnt think how they could improve on the standard set up (even though you could make it understeer if you wanted to) But now there is no loss of front end grip at all it really does stick to the road and does make a nice difference in the stance. Its not a massive drop but its nice in my eyes. Il upload before and after pics later.

Just a note, I moved house and put loads of clothes and stuff in the car and had to go very slowly over speed bumps and pot holes because of the suspension/exhaust- I think the exhaust was banging on something like the rear axel etc. But The ride when 2/3 people in the car is no different to normal. Just when fully loaded its a bit crashy. I would reccomend them

Jay

Ford Lowered ZS by 10mm compared to standard set up.

Eibachs are Ford approved Springs that drop the car by 30-35mm(Cant seem to find an exact figure its always one or the other)

I bought them online and had them fitted by a friend that works @ ford. There great! I couldnt think how they could improve on the standard set up (even though you could make it understeer if you wanted to) But now there is no loss of front end grip at all it really does stick to the road and does make a nice difference in the stance. Its not a massive drop but its nice in my eyes. Il upload before and after pics later.

Just a note, I moved house and put loads of clothes and stuff in the car and had to go very slowly over speed bumps and pot holes because of the suspension/exhaust- I think the exhaust was banging on something like the rear axel etc. But The ride when 2/3 people in the car is no different to normal. Just when fully loaded its a bit crashy. I would reccomend them

Jay

Thanks Jay for sharing this info. Don't forget to add the before and after pictures because I would personally like to go for the Eibach ones 30-35mm and I would really like to see the difference.

Cheers!