Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Windows

Jon Hunt

Hi all i Own a 2007 ford s-max 1.8TDCi Zetec have had it for over a year.

Its been back to them 4times about the windows and on the 4th time they charge me just for someone to look at it this time and same answer NO Fault.

Driver window when you close it nearly does then goes all the way down you try again but does it again and again and then the 4th time you have to hold the button for it to close.

NOW the near side rear pass door window is now doing it.

also a few times i have come out the house and for some un-known reason all the Windows are down???

any one have a idea what it is???

thanks Jon

try resetting the windows - fully close the window by holding the button,when the window is fully closed release the button for a second and then hold in the close position for five seconds this should reset the window and might cure your problem.do the same for the down position. as for all the windows being down you may have caught the remote button and operated the global opening facility which opens all the windows.

ya i think it might off been the remote in my pocket. So close the window then open but hold for 5sec on all the windows or just the driver. or the windows that play up

thanks Jon

these instructions might be clearer.

Hold down the down switch until the window is fully lowered

Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds

Hold down the up switch until the window is fully raised

Release the switch momentarily, and then press up again for 5 seconds

This window will now be set for one touch and global opening/closing. Repeat this procedure for each individual window, and if fitted, the sunroof...

and is it the same to set it up again.

Thanks Jon

I suggest spraying some silicon oil down the window channels and then carrying out the programme routine above.

This is a known issue on the early smax's. There is a TSB article which relates to this issue.

The first "fix" will be to ensure all the rubber seals are pressed firmly into the door frames then attempt to reset the window motors (as others have suggested, though the TSB artcile has different instructions to those given). If that doesn't fix it, you will need the later revised window runners and new slightly thinner glass -it's all outlined in the TSB article.

You can download these from the ford smax owners club website.

• 1 month later...

thanks for that help they have now stopped doing that silly game of open or close.

thanks all for ya help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club