Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have i just been ripped off by a garage for a service??

88john63

Hi all,

I am new enough to thsi site, but i do find it very helpful, to cut a long story short, i got a ford fiesta 1997, 67,000 miles 1.3 endura, for 900Euro a few weeks ago(three weeks to be precise) now the owners manual had no service history(wha ya want for that money i hear you ask) but the market is flooded with cheap cars at the minute, anyway, the car was going well enough, but i just new it needed a service, the oil looked very manky and coming into the winter(i take my kids in it so like to have the peace of mind)and the brakes were a bit shoddy too.

anyway, i went to a reputable service place, a nig place, dunno if i meant to name it, but i not complaining about them, just querying, its calle discount tyres in dublin.

anyway, the srevice was posted at 170, he took it in there and then, i drove around the corner to work with one of their guys on board and gave him the keys and he drove back(legal?who knows, nothing happened so who cares) So i get a phon call about an hour and half later saying i needed new cv joint(never heard of one)and newbake pads and disca, and another few bits and bobs, it came to 630 after a bit of haggling and a ??discount??

the sheet he gave me at the end has, as follows on it,

oil Castrol 24.50(including disposal)

oil filter, ford 14.00

air filter 12.00

Bosch spark plug 20.00

pads, ford 80.00

discs ford 180.00

fl cv joint fiesta 160.00

fan belt fiesta 60.00

rear wheel bearing fiesta 90.00

E-BOTP fiesta 85.00

there was a supposed discount taken off that bringing it to a majik 630(:

now the guy said that the full srvice was done on ti too, with a few bulbs replacing) although the courtesy bulb when i open that car door or the boot still don't work, i am going back about that,

sorry for such a long messagee, but i dont know what hafl the stuff i paid for is? now i must say the car drives like a gem, but it was pretty alright before(so i thought)the guy said i saved major expense catching these things on time.of course he would. I would be very very grateful f anyone can fill me in on what was done to my car, was it worth it, was i ripped.

on one way of looking at it is the car has nw cost a total of 1500euro and has less that 70,000 mls on it it is NCT'd for two years and the guy said i have pretty much a "new car" now after getting that work done.

look i wont ramble on any more,

just would apprecite any advice, remarks??

thanks lads and ladies

John

Hi all,

I am new enough to thsi site, but i do find it very helpful, to cut a long story short, i got a ford fiesta 1997, 67,000 miles 1.3 endura, for 900Euro a few weeks ago(three weeks to be precise) now the owners manual had no service history(wha ya want for that money i hear you ask) but the market is flooded with cheap cars at the minute, anyway, the car was going well enough, but i just new it needed a service, the oil looked very manky and coming into the winter(i take my kids in it so like to have the peace of mind)and the brakes were a bit shoddy too.

anyway, i went to a reputable service place, a nig place, dunno if i meant to name it, but i not complaining about them, just querying, its calle discount tyres in dublin.

anyway, the srevice was posted at 170, he took it in there and then, i drove around the corner to work with one of their guys on board and gave him the keys and he drove back(legal?who knows, nothing happened so who cares) So i get a phon call about an hour and half later saying i needed new cv joint(never heard of one)and newbake pads and disca, and another few bits and bobs, it came to 630 after a bit of haggling and a ??discount??

the sheet he gave me at the end has, as follows on it,

Oil castrol 24.50(including disposal)

oil filter, ford 14.00

air filter 12.00

bosch spark plug 20.00

pads, ford 80.00

discs ford 180.00

fl cv joint fiesta 160.00

fan belt fiesta 60.00

rear wheel bearing fiesta 90.00

E-BOTP fiesta 85.00

there was a supposed discount taken off that bringing it to a majik 630(:

now the guy said that the full srvice was done on ti too, with a few bulbs replacing) although the courtesy bulb when i open that car door or the boot still don't work, i am going back about that,

sorry for such a long messagee, but i dont know what hafl the stuff i paid for is? now i must say the car drives like a gem, but it was pretty alright before(so i thought)the guy said i saved major expense catching these things on time.of course he would. I would be very very grateful f anyone can fill me in on what was done to my car, was it worth it, was i ripped.

on one way of looking at it is the car has nw cost a total of 1500euro and has less that 70,000 mls on it it is NCT'd for two years and the guy said i have pretty much a "new car" now after getting that work done.

look i wont ramble on any more,

just would apprecite any advice, remarks??

thanks lads and ladies

John

To be honest, if it needed the work done then it needed done but without anyone having experience of the garage in question no one can really answer you to say if you've been ripped off or not. With regards to cost, if that's what the cost is then again that's what you have to pay. Unless your confident about repairing your car then unfortunately your going to have to foot the bill garages ask for. Garage labour costs are rising, parts costs are rising and you can do it cheaper by using 'aftermarket parts' and doing the job yourself. At least now you 'should' have the added confidence at least of knowing your car should be ok for a while.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club