Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoke

lugo

hi all, had the cam belt changed on my 1.8 derv focus 2 months ago.

recent weeks it has started to smoke badly. under hard acceleration it pushes out heavey black smoke?

exhust is sooted up.

my guess is over fueling am i on right track.

is there any adjustment on feul pump??

your help is much appriciated

andy

I found this on a site may be the problem i don't know????

A common problem is the EGR valve sticking in the open position. This will cause excessive black smoke from the exhaust and will result in a lack of performance.

thanks for that where did u find that. performance is fine tho.

having the time to look at it is prob . will have to make some time doing my head in now

The lack of performance tends to be dependant on the presence and state of the DPF filter. Without a DPF you are more likely to keep the power as it is, however with one, if the thing is getting on a bit, you will find that it will be clogged, and that will reduce the power output, as it backlogs on the Turbo, and the exhaust...

Sorry for the delay in answering, I was researching my problem and I came across a focus known faults list but I didn't save it and now I can't find the site! 

Sorry for the delay in answering, I was researching my problem and I came across a focus known faults list but I didn't save it and now I can't find the site! 

Was it this one?

Yeah that's the one thanks 

since been told its a boost problem from what the fault code is saying . still not had chance to take to get it sorted. :-(

Boost problems, wastegate fault, broken hose what's the air filter like clogged?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club