Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knackered Mk6 Gearbox?

Matt_M

Hi guys, first time poster - I'm a complete mechanic noob and I need some advice on my motor or Ford are going to bend me over a barrell! For info I've got a diesel 03 Fiesta.

I clipped a curb the other day and immediately afterwards I felt a bit of vibration. I thought it was weird so I pulled over and looked at my alloy - all was fine and I hadn't mountned the curb or anything so I thought nothing of it. As I pulled away and went to go into 3rd there was a crunch and now I can't select 3rd, 4th or 5th gears. 1st, 2nd and reverse work fine but in any of the others it's like I've left the car in neutral - the gearstick actually stays in place but the engine just revs like it's not in gear. It was also making a bit of a whining noise when I crawled it home in 2nd.

I haven't driven it since but I was really hoping one of you guys could help me work out what's wrong with it...Please help!

Cheers,

Matt

Very odd.

You might have more luck re-posting on passionford.com there are some good mechanical bods on there.

D.

Any thoughts guys, I could really do with some help...

Cheers,

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club