Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci Problems

spower

Hi there. I have a 2003 1.8 TDCi Focus with approx 70,000 miles. A couple of weeks ago on the motorway, I noticed a lack of power consistent with the turbo not kicking in. There was no smoke, no smell, no sounds to indicate a turbo blow up. When I pulled into the nearest service station to investigate, I noticed the brakes were very hard when I tried to stop. I had it towed to the nearest main dealer and after a couple of days they diagnosed a broken vacuum pump and broken engine mounting. They fixed these 2 items but after fixing this they now tell me the turbo has blown and are quoting 3,000 pounds for a new turbo. Does this sound right ? Is the vacuum pump and the turbo linked so that both would fail at the same time..... Any help appreciated.....

Im fairly sure the servo gets brake pressure from the vacuum created in the inlet manifold? Perhaps a damaged turbo would cause a high build up of pressure in the vacuum tube causing your problem.

Long shot maybe but nobody else contributed :/ , Also If it turns out your turbo has gone for gods sake don't pay them 3 grand get a recon or a second hand turbo.