• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• tomo2001

• Brism

• dannyhilton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, with a rear view camera as well? I guess that's be why it's up to £750 I expect. Although it is still showing Ford DAB Radio/CD Navigation system at £550 on the Ford site...

Chris

This is in response to my enquiry from the sales guy at my local Ford dealers:

"My apologies the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) was missing and is an additional £750. With regards to the navigation system it would be the Sony Navigation with 9 Speakers, bluetooth, USB and a 5 colour screen this is on all Focus factory orders after the 1st September (2012MY) the one on the website will be for the current 2011MY."

The option is still only showing the Ford Satnav on the Ford web Site, the Sony (£750) is NOT even mentioned... Don't know whether the rear camera is included at this price bluetooth and usb is on the car as standard anyway, plus an upgraded screen from 4.2" to 5"

Still seems pricey to me... If the camera is included then that's not too bad.

Hi, on the C-Max the Sony Sat Nav option includes the rear view camera for £750...

Chris

Thanks Chris, is there anywhere that more details can be found for this option on the focus? I was torn between the Cmax and the Focus Estate and opted for the Focus Estate because of the extra features over and above the Cmax and was disappointed that the Sony Sat Nav was not available....

Brian

Hi, not for the Focus, however I'm sure there is more out there with the C-Max with the same system. I have had a brief search for the focus, I think we've just got to wait until Ford catch up with it.

Chris

Whilst I cannot provide any answers, I can raise some more questions!!

I ordered a Titanium X 5dr hatch 2.0 diesel 163hp in Ink Blue with 18' alloys in June. I've just been told to expect the car November at the earliest. The reason given is that my car has been changed from a 2011 model year to a 2012 model year, with likely build in October.

As it is a company car I have no contact with the dealer. I asked what the change in model year would mean - they said no change but I don't believe this. Otherwise why the delay and why the change in name of model year...

I'm keen to find out, as I would be interested to know if the spec has been tweaked, and also if any additional options (such as the Sony Sat Nav) would be available to me...

Anyone any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Option is now available on the car configurator to add the Sony satnav, cost is £750 (same as the C-Max)doesn't say anything about the rear facing camera though. The latest brochure still refers to the Ford Satnav system.....

Still not clear as to the actual spec of the Sony satnav system. Clarification is needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Supposedly the Sat Nav is coming to Australia with a Sony Audio setup. So as our cars come from Germany, I'd expect you guys should see this soon too!!!

Hello Brism i would guess it will not include the rear view cam as it's an optional extra of £250 on the new fiesta, so if you take £250 of the £750 its like getting the Sony nav for £400 which in turn makes it a cheaper unit than the standard ford nav unit, so that's why I can't seeing it include a cam.

Hello Brism i would guess it will not include the rear view cam as it's an optional extra of £250 on the new fiesta, so if you take £250 of the £750 its like getting the Sony nav for £400 which in turn makes it a cheaper unit than the standard ford nav unit, so that's why I can't seeing it include a cam.

Hi, only, as I said before, on the C-Max it does include the camera for £750, thus if the focus hasn't got this as well and is at a extra cost then we are being ripped off. Shows the Sony Sat Nav with a rear view camera on the C-Max configurator here:

Your vehicle

New C-MAX & Grand C-MAX

5-seat C-MAX

Titanium

1.6 125PS

5 Speed Manual

Base price

£19,195.00

Customer Saving

£1,000.00

Selected options

Frozen White

Pur/Syracuse Comfort

Sony DAB Navigation System with Rear View Camera £750.00

Chris

Got my dealer to look at the specs the Aussie Focus will get. No mention of a Rear View Camera :(

Does get the 9-Speakers, Sony Audio, 5" Color Display ETC though!

• 4 weeks later...

Took delivery of my MK3 Focus with the Sony DAB Sat Nav (despite this not appearing as an option in the brochure). I can confirm it is pretty much the same as the standard Sony DAB unit (9 Speakers etc). However there is no rear camera and set me back a cool £750.

Hi, yes it seems like when you buy the Focus with the Sony Sat Nav you pay the same price as you would for this option on the C-Max but without the camera.

Chris

When the Sony unit is off (Sat Nav equipped or not) - it simply displays a blue screen with some smaller squares as detail. This is pretty dull - is there anyway to change this picture?

• 2 weeks later...

New brochure says rear view camera will be available from models supplied early 2012. I have been given a delivery date of late december, whether I get the rear view camera or not is in the lap of the gods, will just have to wait and see.....

Brism

talking about rear view cameras is there a way to turn it on without the gear in reverse?

i think my sat nav display is the denso 7" , not that i would need to use it when not in reverse! , just wondered if it can be done?

cheers

Just taken delivery of Focus 2.0 Titanium X with the Sony SAT NAV. After having a VW SAT NAV before, I must say that I'm not too impressed with the Sony unit in the Ford. The manual is not a lot of help, so I have 2 questions if anyone can help.

1. Is there any way to change the voice on the Sony unit, the woman seems to have an Indian accent sometimes, which I don't really like.

2. How on earth do you turn the volume of the announcements down, it hurts the ears at present, there is absolutely nothing in the manual on this.

I hope that someone can help, thanks.

Wait for an announcement then use the volume knob on the head unit to turn up & down. If an announcement is not in progress you only end up turning the radio/CD/ipod volume up & down.

Wow, super quick reply, thanks Paul, just tried it and it works (my ears will be so much better now). Why oh why couldn't they have put that in the manual. Thanks again.

Hi, and I don't believe you can change the voice, but an indian accent? Not so sure about that, I know I haven't got the sat nav version, however I'd expect the voice to be the same. Perhaps someone with programming skills might be able to reprogram the firmware.

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. As for the voice being the same, the female voice from the Sat Nav directions, does not appear to be the same female voice that you get when you want to make a telephone call etc. I was just hoping that one could personalise the unit with new voices as you can on most other Sat Navs. Interesting point about modifying firmware though, I sure there are people out there in Internet land who will eventually come up with lots of goodies that can be changed on this unit. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club