Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Sat Nav

tomo2001

Hi All, new member here.

Ordered a New 2011 Focus as a company car at work. One matter I need help with, I ordered the Sony DAB Navigation / Rear Parking Camera (Premium Sound System) at £1000.00

However this optional extra is not shown anywhere in the Ford literature and cannot now be selected on the Car Configurator on Ford's website. Nor is it on the current price list (effective 01/04/2011).

If you look on Youtube, there is plenty of info showing the MyFord Touch system, but I guess this is something totally different ?

Anyone seen any info on it please ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• tomo2001

• Brism

• dannyhilton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

That option was apparently a mistake on the first price lists - and shouldn't have been listed (which is why it's missing from the current / updated ones).

It should be available in the UK sometime Q4 2011.

The Ford 'Sync' system is 'similar' - but apparently not the same (both have large touchscreens). There's been some debate on whether the listed 'Sony' system is in fact the same system, but with different firmware - no one seems to know though (and I wouldn't count on any 'firmware' upgrades to turn one into the other!) :)

The Sync system (currently available in the US) should be coming to the UK in 2012

-Tacks

(Source: Ford UK)

It's like opening a tin of bicuits only to be told that you can't have the custard creams until tomorrow but there are some rich teas and digestives to eat in the meantime.

It's like opening a tin of bicuits only to be told that you can't have the custard creams until tomorrow but there are some rich teas and digestives to eat in the meantime.

lol - It is annoying... I mean cars are expensive - sure some people may 'wait', others will walk. I mean it's not like if you buy one now, you're going to change it in 6 months when the 'better version' comes out (which some people will do for things like 'phones ipods and so on).

For a 'global' car it doesn't feel like a 'global' release.

The 180 PS EcoBoost is also suspiciously missing in the UK as well (but available in other countries) - they're apparently still trying to decide whether to release that in the UK and what versions. News in 2012 again no doubt.

So - really annoying.

-Tacks

Really is a nuisance, but then again, Why would Ford want to give you a car that is worth the money, when they can stick a "Prime Angus Beef" sticker on a tin of dog food? Its all they have done with the new Focus, advertise the creme d' la creme of the focus, get you to sign on the dotted line, with a response 24 hours later "Im sorry sir, but I made a "mistake" that car isnt going to be with us for 6 months, how about I give you this car instead which is the same value (just missing a lot of items that give it the same value i.e. the mytouch system) and we call it quits?

Another reason I am glad I walked away...

Another reason I am glad I walked away...

I walked too (literally on the day I was due to order)... On reflection the icing on the cake was the screwup on the media option. The other fly in the ointment was the majority of the UK media getting the 180PS model for reviews - that you can't even buy in the UK*

Don't get me wrong - it's a nice/great car, but as the rather telling ad on the front page of this forum at the time (from another manufacturer) seems to highlight - others are catching up on the tech front, and everything shown (inc. engines) is 'available now' - not soon / maybe / next year.

-Tacks.

*Ok, most do mention that model wasn't shipping in the UK but meh.

lol - It is annoying... I mean cars are expensive - sure some people may 'wait', others will walk. I mean it's not like if you buy one now, you're going to change it in 6 months when the 'better version' comes out (which some people will do for things like 'phones ipods and so on).

For a 'global' car it doesn't feel like a 'global' release.

The 180 PS EcoBoost is also suspiciously missing in the UK as well (but available in other countries) - they're apparently still trying to decide whether to release that in the UK and what versions. News in 2012 again no doubt.

So - really annoying.

-Tacks

As much as I like the new focus from the reviews I've watched/read, I don't feel its very global either. I don't like how we have to wait an extra year for the My Ford Touch system, and I don't like how the US version is called the 2012 focus but ours is labelled the 2011 focus.

I've put the question to our fleet administrator at work to do some 'digging' - see what the lead time is.

Just heard from office, dealer says no prob with order. Car being built 10/06/2011 with Sony Premium Sound System. :D

sounds good, you wont be sorry we are loving our Focus

Hi Marky04, which model you got ?

Titanium 1.6 petrol with city pack, it's the only car we have owned that me and the wife argue over who's going to drive lol

Sat in a Titanium at the main dealers in Norwich last Saturday. It is a very nice plave to be. Sadly we don't need (or could afford) a brand new car at the moment. If I had to have a company car I would be tempted by the new Focus.

I've ordered the 1.6 TDCI Titanium X (115 BHP Stop/Start). Done it to reduce my company car tax compared with current Honda Civic.

Ordered in Dark Micastone Metallic plus Appearance pack (Gangster windows and keyless entry) plus as said earlier Sony DAB Navigation with Rear View Camera.

Any idea on how long delivery generally takes after manufacture ?

We did think about Titanium X but bigger wheels put us off, we had the windows done 3 days after we picked up the car it looks great.

Not sure how long because we went for the white and they had one available, delivery took about a week, my previous car was the Honda civic had 2 of them just loved the spaceship dashboard

Would be interested to see how you get on with the rear view camera, although we have the Sony DAB which is brilliant we don’t have the sat nav.

Just heard from office, dealer says no prob with order. Car being built 10/06/2011 with Sony Premium Sound System. :D

I checked briefly this morning - nearby dealer said they still can't see this option is orderable on their system, and pointed out it's not on the Ford site either (which it isn't - just checked again :)

'Built 06/2011' does that mean they'll start building it then or it's 'built by then'. I guess it could be we're just getting to the point where it can be ordered.

Still no word on the 180PS either. I'm pretty much resigned I won't be buying this year anyway now.

-Tacks

If the car is started being built on 10th June, realistically how long after this could I be getting the car delivered ?

• 2 weeks later...

Update today -

Guess what, Sony DAB navigation not available !!

Been offered Ford DAB system as alternative, anyone know if this is any good ? Was thinking of this plus 18" wheels (similar total value).

Car being built 10th June anticipated delivery beginning of July.

We are getting the 180ps engine but not till end of the year. When I say we I mean UK not me lol

Hi, for you information, just in case there is any confusion, the Sony Premium Sound System does not have a rearward facing camera. Yes Ford made a mistake by printing out the e-brochure and the price list that included the Sony SYNC system. This also isn't the same as the Sony DAB Navigation/Rear Parking Camera Premium Sound System either that can be fitted to the C-Max. The Ford DAB Sat Nav will still have the Sony Premium system and as far as I know this has the 9 premium Speakers as well. If you do a search for a Mk3 Focus in google you will find several Titaniums for sale that have the sat nav. If you then look at the pictures you will see the audio system is marked 'Sony'

Cuke

cuke ::

Not if you read the description for the Ford Sat Nav for the C-Max, and doesn't this have the same dashboard as the focus ?

Also the Sony DAB navigation with rear view camera is available to choose on the C-Max !!

Hi, that's what I said wasn't it? However, unlike the C-Max,there is no rearward camera available for the focus yet, otherwise the brochure and the Ford website would say so which it doesn't. If you download the manual for the Mk3 it has a section on the camera, which is where the confusion might lie. However I have not seen any mention of a rearward camera in any road tests or on any dealership site advertising the Focus. The Sony SYNC Premium head unit, not to be confused with the Sony Premium head unit, will not be available until 2012.

Chris

From Ford's website;

Ford DAB Radio/CD Navigation system - 5" TFT display, extended integrated control panel, external AUX connection for external music devices, 6 Speakers, remote audio and MFD controls, SD memory card slot for data (e.g. music) exchange; navigation data on SD card

So no Premium Sound System - just standard 6 Speakers. :(

Anyway update today, can change order providing I give go ahead by lunch time Friday. So now getting Ford DAB Navi and 18" alloys (easy to clean IMHO). Also heard that apparently the candy colours are delayed now (Red/Yellow) as the pigment is manufactured in Japan ? Perhaps that's what happened to the Sony Sat Nav LOL.

Hi, that description is in the brochure as well, but this is the confusing part with a Tit or a Titx. In the brochure, if you look closely at the pictures on the pages 'Start a relationship', and, Proven quality', it shows the Sony systems with 'nav' and a 'map' buttons, so this is for a Sony sat nav. Now in the manual, hope you've got one if not I can send a link, on page 286 it shows a picture of a Sony CD-SD Navigation system the same as the pictures in the brochure. I also went and asked a salesman about this, he said that, he thought, no way would you pay an extra £550 for a sat nav on top of what you already paid for the Sony with premium Speakers but then have it downgraded to a Ford DAB sat nav with only 6 Speakers. Now I have e-mailed Ford about this, to CS, but after a week I've still not had a reply, so in the next few days I will ring them. However the plot seems to thicken, but, if it is the case that the sat nav is a downgrade to a Ford DAB unit, then I for one will not be coughing up an extra £550 for it. Hopefully you are correct that it is down to delays from Japan.

Chris

Equally if you look in the CMax brochure, there are photo's of the Ford Nav and the Sony Nav and the mapping looks identical and they are both SD not DVD Rom. Perhaps the cheaper one is as good but doesn't look as upmarket as the Sony version ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club