Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mondeo Or Focus, Which Is Best Value For Money ?

hhhugues

they are not a serviceable item. They were built defective which means that they just seem to gunk up and choke then start mis-spraying. Depending on what currency you use, your looking at around say €100 per injector to be reconditioned, or €200 per injector for a new one, then garage bills on top to get them coded to the car.

Ohh that's definitely a cost I want to avoid! Maybe id be better to go for a focus

Do you know anything about the 1.8 Flexifuel? I've got the 1.6 duratec in my Fiesta but I think it would be less great in a Focus due to the added weight

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

cant say I have had much experience with the flexifuel system so cant offer too much advice but I always question the balance between the extra weight to carry the extra fuel source, versus the actual MPG gain you get from it... if it was costing an extra 5 MPG to lug it around, but you save many many more MPG's then its worth it, but it seems a daft excercise to say waste 5MPG carrying it and only gaining say 8MPG by using it....

That is a fair point James, the reason I am looking at the 1.8 Flexifuel is because it is what 8/10 Focus estates are on the second hand market in Sweden.

The Mondeo sounds like a risky buy unless I can find one with swapped injectors and I have never found a comfortable seating position in a Focus. I guess I'll just need to keep looking for something else.

Thanks for the advice though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club