Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Activating Single Door Unlock And All Door On Your Ford

Lenny

Activating Single door unlock on your ford

Whilst car is locked

Press and hold both lock and unlock buttons together, until indicators flash.

This will mean now that when you press the unlock key the drivers door only will unlock,

press it a second time and all doors unlock, great safety feature, :ph34r:

press lock once and all doors including boot lock as normal

press lock twice within 30seconds and dead lock mode is activated meaning doors cant be unlocked from inside the car, if window is broken or a person is inside front or rear the doors wont open, unless the unlock button is pressed

imageproxy-8.jpg.71a631d149e21174608c8f2b8ea89f0d.jpgimageproxy-9.jpg.b4807c8df841b3b3d03a9277e7911ea0.jpg

Thanks For Looking!

Please Check my List of Guides Listed Below For More Information. B)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did you try to revert it back to previous setting? Did it work?

• Like 1

Yeh i tried this. Very good safety feature for all the ladies out there driving at night.

I set it up on mine before I got rid, left it on for 3 days, and realised it was a pain in the ace! most the time I would send the Mrs to the car with the little one, and unlock the doors whilst I grab the buggy, nappy bag and all the rest of it... Needless to say she wasnt best pleased when I forgot I activated it, and she was stood outside the car for about 2 minutes wondering why I was ignoring her :P

• Like 1

It worked on mine. Great feature.

I do not if this will be more of a hindrance later.

• Like 1

done this ageis ago...its great...esp when its raining heavy and lightning and your mates are looking at you like your a massive !Removed!.

• Like 1

is this only focus?

Might test it

Hi RCJ,

this feature is on the complete ford range since 99 i think, and can be reverted back ot the old way by repeating the process,

• 8 months later...

Sort of on the same subject... (kind of) Did any of you fella's activate the global closing of the windows too? I think it can only be done with the 4 door versions, but i've activated the feature on my last 3 focus' (V reg, 52 reg, and my current 55 reg) Basically, if you hold lock on the fob, the windows auto close as the car locks, if you hold unlock, the windows automatically drop. I did it by turning on the ignition with the windows closed, then going in a clockwise order on the 4 switch...switch! Holding each window button for 10 seconds in the "up" position... Ignition back off,keys out, back in again, ignition back on, remove key.... Then try holding the lock (or unlock) button on the fob to activate the global window closing. On some of the cars it took a few attempts, it seems as if the sytem has to "learn" to activate. I've been told that all amaerican focus' have the global closing feature as standard, but ford (because of euro legislation) Had to disable it on european cars... The above trick disables the ford disable! B)

Sort of on the same subject... (kind of) Did any of you fella's activate the global closing of the windows too? I think it can only be done with the 4 door versions, but i've activated the feature on my last 3 focus' (V reg, 52 reg, and my current 55 reg) Basically, if you hold lock on the fob, the windows auto close as the car locks, if you hold unlock, the windows automatically drop. I did it by turning on the ignition with the windows closed, then going in a clockwise order on the 4 switch...switch! Holding each window button for 10 seconds in the "up" position... Ignition back off,keys out, back in again, ignition back on, remove key.... Then try holding the lock (or unlock) button on the fob to activate the global window closing. On some of the cars it took a few attempts, it seems as if the sytem has to "learn" to activate. I've been told that all amaerican focus' have the global closing feature as standard, but ford (because of euro legislation) Had to disable it on european cars... The above trick disables the ford disable! B)

Ive just tried this on my 5 door and only front windows are electric on it, but it doesnt work for me :(

It only works on the UK version with 4 power windows, which is only present on the Titanium model's

But on Titanium model's its already active. Its good for a fast cool down of the car in the summer months i.e 1st of July to 2nd of July :)

Ive just tried this on my 5 door and only front windows are electric on it, but it doesnt work for me :(

Ah! Sorry Lenny, i think the car has to have 4 power windows perhaps? The only focus' i've tried it on had 4 "leccies" :huh:

It only works on the UK version with 4 power windows, which is only present on the Titanium model's

But on Titanium model's its already active. Its good for a fast cool down of the car in the summer months i.e 1st of July to 2nd of July :)

Hi Pree, mine had been deactivated mate... She was a fussy old girl to "re-teach" her too! She realized in the end that resistance was futile! :P

I fitted aftermarket wind deflectors on my motor, and the global window closing feature isn't too fond of the deflectors... There's a 50/50 chance the global thinks a kids finger is trapped in the window so it opens them all right down... Not good if you do an "over your shoulder as you walk away form the car keyfob lock blip" (and return to the car with alarm wailing and all the windows open) :wacko:

• 4 months later...

will this single door unlock work on my mk7 fiesta ?

Worth a try anyways mate,

i dont see why it wouldnt as the software and hardware is all much the same.

will this single door unlock work on my mk7 fiesta ?

Should do. Worked for mine :)

• Like 1

Works on the Ghia too, and comes as standard I think.

I can't be 100% sure if it does come as standard as I bought my car 2nd hand. But when I got the car, the global closure/opening feature was active.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Nice one, never knew this existed, Pretty cool!
The double lock thing too, I always do that and my brother (who I normally leave in the car if I'm out for a short time) complains he can't open the door, atleast now I know to only push once while he's waiting haha.

• Like 1

Nice one, never knew this existed, Pretty cool!

The double lock thing too, I always do that and my brother (who I normally leave in the car if I'm out for a short time) complains he can't open the door, atleast now I know to only push once while he's waiting haha.

Good to see this feature works on the Mk7.5 Fiesta aswell as the focus,

Auto-locking was another feature that would auto lock the doors when driving over a set speed,

It would then unlock all doors when the engine was turned off, drivers door was opened, or if the air bags were activated,

However this feature was banned in all new cars built from 2008 onwards by the european safety Ncap

They said their has been cases where the doors failed to unlock on impact, but didn't specify what car manufacture.

Instead banned it on all new motors built from 2008

I personally think it was a great safety feature,

Luckily the Mk2.5 focus uses the same GEM module as the Mk2 from 2005-2010

So this feature can be activated on the Mk2.5 using a modified elm327 and the elm.config software

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

Sadly the Mk7 fiesta and Mk3 focus won't have this auto-lock feature,

However the driver can still manually lock the doors while driving for the same effect.

This works on the mk 6 fiesta also. Its amazing what you can find out when you read your owners manual ;) lol you can also change thespeed of your intermittent wiper; turn the wiper on to the first setting then back to off and then put it back onto the first setting anytime between 5-30seconds and the intermittent wiper will go at the speed you set it to

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Remote window open / close also functions on the 2 door Red & Black Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Remote window open / close also functions on the 2 door Red & Black Edition

Ford actually sell them in that two tone condition ?

Yes, standard Ford product.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can Someone Help Im New To The Site And Don't know where to post I have a mk2 focus 2006 1.6 to ti vct on the coil pack the plug has broken of leaving 3 wires orange and black green and black and green and red I need to know which wire goes to what pin on the coil pack terminal

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club