Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Change, Is This A Problem 1St-2Nd Gear Not Smooth

ross1985

well i have had my car about 3 weeks now and recently i have noticed when changing from 1st to 2nd gear its not smooth and a bit hard to get it out of first to 2nd, all the other gears seem easy and slot in ok and i was just wondering if there might be a problem or its just me getting used to the car, i have noticed if i stay in 1st a couples seconds longer then i should it seems to change a bit better. Im not saying i have to force it to second gear its just not smooth and not as easy as the other gears.

Hi ross1985

I experienced the same as you on my new Fiesta, 1st to 2nd was terrible compared to my old 1998 Fiesta!

I just persevered & it did improve the more miles I did!

Mine is a bit rough too, I'm not really worried about it.

Mine gets stuck in 1st - but only in the very cold weather so hasn't done it in a while.

So you dont think theres a problem and i should not take it back to the garage?

I found ours difficult to change 1st to 2nd all down to my driving style just had to work on being smoother.

never noticed, and had 2!

I would ask Ford to look at it. Mine felt exactly the same way.

When it went in Ford said it would get easier, and too a degree it did , then the cable linkage broke stranding me.

Once they fitted the new cable, which took three weeks to get, it was a lot better.

The other thing I did was change the gearbox oil for Millers TRX Fully Synthetic 75/90 GL4 /5 Spec.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club