Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Rear Suspension Creak

highnoon1966

I have had an increasingly noisy rear drivers side suspension on my 03 plate Mondeo saloon. after much investigation i'm leaning towards thinking it's coming from the anti roll bar drop link. If you hold the centre bar portion of the link while someone is pushing up and down on the rear of the car you can feel it vibrate/creak in your hand. Is this something anyone else has experienced and solved with the fitting of new drop links? What is the cause, the pivots on the end of the links drying out?

easiest way to tell if it's them making the creaking noise is to get a thin screwdriver and pull the rubber back whilst you squirt some wd40 into the knuckle, if that works then thats ok, but you may want to consider fitting a couple of new ones (knowing that the drop links were the cause of your creaking), as where they have been dry they tend to wear the plastic bush in there and then the drop link will come apart over time.

easiest way to tell if it's them making the creaking noise is to get a thin screwdriver and pull the rubber back whilst you squirt some wd40 into the knuckle, if that works then thats ok, but you may want to consider fitting a couple of new ones (knowing that the drop links were the cause of your creaking), as where they have been dry they tend to wear the plastic bush in there and then the drop link will come apart over time.

Tried some silicon oil behind the rubber seal which quietened it down for a while but must have dried out, or link is to far gone, as it's now creaking again. Changing the link looks like a simple job so will be trying that next weekend.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club