Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sound Upgrade Help

calummac21

hey

ive never done a sound upgrade before and im looking for a bit more uuumph from my fiesta, it doesnt feel comfortable when its up passed 20.

what do i need/what do you recommed?

at the minute im looking at a sub, amp and a new parcel shelf with a couple Speakers in there, or would they be enough by themselves?

i just want to listen to my music loud but have it not sore on the ears as if its coming out a tin can.

cheers

Please have a look at my photo gallery of the audio upgrade I've done on my mk7, I've upgraded all the door Speakers as well as fitted a 10" Focal active sub. I've got a mini Alpine amp fitted behind the head unit and under the glove box. Hopefully the pics will make sense.

Thank you

hey

ive never done a sound upgrade before and im looking for a bit more uuumph from my fiesta, it doesnt feel comfortable when its up passed 20.

what do i need/what do you recommed?

at the minute im looking at a sub, amp and a new parcel shelf with a couple speakers in there, or would they be enough by themselves?

i just want to listen to my music loud but have it not sore on the ears as if its coming out a tin can.

cheers

You never ever put Speakers in the parcel shelf..NEVER! lol.

You can upgrade the front door Speakers and the Tweeters..which in the Fiesta comes with some god awful tinny ones.

Usual recommendation is a 12" sob in box (means you can disconnect and lift out when you need the space), 6.5 sized woofers in the front to replace whats there at the moment, or buy a 2 way component set to replace the tweeters as well...usually they are ran and put on the front pillers for better sound.

Then a decent amp thatll power the Speakers and Sub.

Then after that if you want to keep the stock head unit, you can chance the sound quality and run it straight to teh amp, or for whats called a Cleansweep preamp, this flatens the sound level and brings the quality back up.

Theirs a few alternative that allow you to swap out the Headunit and keep all teh functions of the car..but Im still looking into these myself as im not sure they are on the market yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club