Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting A Number Of Components

HellsHammer

Hi to all from Oz.

I have a question regarding retrofitting a number of components to my new Fiesta Zetec that I have had for about a week. This is the latest model (WT) that is manufactured in Thailand. About six months ago my son got a new Fiesta Zetec (WS) that was manufactured in Germany. I was very impressed with my sons car which is why I decided to downsize and purchase the Fiesta more or less sight unseen. I did know about some of the differences between the WS and WT models before the purchase but since taking ownership I have discovered quite a lot more.

• Different alloy wheels , same size (Known)
  • Different size tyres (cant remember the exact dimensions)
  • Different suspension, I believe the WT is more 'sportier'
  • Quieter engine on WT
  • Different front spoiler design with chrome sections on WT (Known)
  • No chrome strip on boot on the WT
  • Different headlights
  • No heated exterior mirrors on WT
  • No spare wheel on the WT (Known)
  • Extra carpet on the back of the rear seats on the WT (Known)
  • Extra support on front seats on the WT
  • No ambient lighting on the WT Above glove box, dome light and little cubby hole.
  • Hard dash on the WT and different colours to the WS (Both cars are black with a burgundy colour for the WS and grey on the WT)
  • Storage draw on the front passenger seat on the WT
  • Only single flip key fob supplied with the WT with a spare key whereas the WS came with two flip key fobs.
  • Couple of extra net style storage pockets on the WT
  • No deadlocks on the WT
  • No door scuff plate inserts on the WT
  • WS has a Tilt/slide steering wheel where the WT only has tilt adjustment

Now most of these differences are OK but I do want to see if I can retrofit the ones in bold, which I know I can get some from European Parts. The question I have is has anyone tried to fit the ambient lighting, especially wired into the GEM? Also has anyone fitted the scuff plates for a 5 door? Also I should emphasize that this car is build in Thailand and there does seem to be some changes that make retrofitting difficult if not impossible, i.e. the boot chrome strip cannot be retrofitted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have wired in the Mbient lighting to come on when the exterior lights are on. I wired this in along with the illuminated gearknob. I couldnt tell you if the gem module is the same or not and therefore what pin to wire it into but it IS possible

they all seem pretty easy enough jobs to me the ones you have highlighted

they all seem pretty easy enough jobs to me the ones you have highlighted

Thats what I thought until I approached Ford for the chrome strip for the boot and was told it definitely does not fit because they had already broken the brackets whilst trying to do fix the strip to someone else's WT.

I guess the only way to find out is order the parts and go for it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club