Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Fiesta St Or Mk7 Zetec S

Roll

46 members have voted

1. 1. Mk6.5 Fiesta St or Mk7 Zetec S?

• St
    • Zetec S

Time has come to swap my current car (fiesta 1.4 mk6) to something newer and faster!

Obviously the st will be slightly older + cheaper

Just looking for some opinions on what people think would be the best buy

Thanks in advance

Jon

MK7 ZS all the way :)

If you have the cash to burn get the Mountune 155bhp upgrade and I believe it matches/beats the ST? Dunno really as I'm an oil burner...

Voted for ST, has to be Performance Blue with only the side stripe's

Would take a ST over a Zetec S if the fund's allow, can get the ST Montuned up to 180bhp.

Strangely I have a Mk7 now but prefer the look's of the Mk6.5

Of those 2 - the Zetec S.

However, the Titanium is a much better all round car than the ZS.

ZS All the way for me.

I was in the same position as you but chose the ZS. I voted ZS now not because I own one, but because the ZS is a better car in ever way compared to the ST. Yea the ST can power past the ZS, but its a drinker with only a Manual 5 speed. A performance car needs a 6, again IMO. The ST's body is beginning to look Dated, coupled with increased insurance, tax & general running costs for not much more grunt. This is what I finally concluded BEFORE deciding and buying my ZS

ZS, style and substance ... but yes its Fiesta :D

Test drive BOTH and you can decide for yourself, I wouldn't make your mind up until you drive both

Thanks alot for the responses. I think i prefer the look of the mk7 anyway, as the car ive got now is the same sort of shape as the st anyway. Also after going to the garage yesterday i much prefered the interior on the mk7!

Thanks again

Go for the Zetec S :)

• Like 1

Forget the Zetec S and get a Titanium with the dress up kit. Get a far better spec inside, and the sporty looks on the outside.

Forget the Zetec S and get a Titanium with the dress up kit. Get a far better spec inside, and the sporty looks on the outside.

+1 and I dont even have mine yet :P

I've also got the Titanium with the dress up kit. Coming in around 14 days :D

+1 and I dont even have mine yet :P

I've also got the Titanium with the dress up kit. Coming in around 14 days :D

I would also agree strangely to all 3 of you :lol:

But I must add you don't get the Sports Suspension (FUN!) or the lower geared gearbox (Peppy)

But with those small bits out of the way you get LOADS more gadgets and be the envy of all Zetec S onwers with Cruise Control B)

The Titanium can be really good value for money and a wise choice if stuck between the choice of ZS or Titanium Spec when the prices are similar.

:)

Enjoi

or the lower geared gearbox (Peppy)

Really? I thought it was the same gearbox across the whole range (apart from the diesel/automatic of course).

Really? I thought it was the same gearbox across the whole range (apart from the diesel/automatic of course).

it is

Your probably right, It was just an assumption as the 1.6 titanium I test drove took longer in the lower gear shifts compared to the short shifts in my ZS :)

I believe the Econetic has slightly different gearing.

Same gear box, different suspension (10mm lower) and more "sporty" seats in the ZS. I also think the ZS has different stearing to make it feel more sporty - could be wrong on that. Other than that, Titanium is a better all rounder :)

i got a zetec 5 door 1.2 so what do i know lol... but if it was my money, TIT all day long... zetec s are brill but as mentioned on here, you cant tell outside the difference between them 2 when you get the dress up kit, and inside the tit comes with more

It was the long list of gadgets that won it for me with the Titanium..and the fact that you can get the body kit on too just made it that whole lot better a deal :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mk6.5 st and am selling it as ive ordered my mk7, delivery in 6 weeks. The st is a fantastic car but ive had it 2 years now. The mk 7 looks so much nicer, its comfier and just feels nicer to drive. Its much better on fuel aswell, which ays a big part for me. Also cheaper to run and insure. Im saving £800 a year buying a new car......

Im saving £800 a year buying a new car......

That's a lot...

Yeh it cetainly is. £940 fully comp on new zetec s and £1835 on st.

• 5 months later...

I went for the Zetec S because I thought the sports seats were more comfortable, the standard wheels are nicer than the titanium wheels and it has no chrome. I know wheels can be changed, but mine is a lease car so no can do.

I test drove both and genuinely thought the S was a mildly better steer, although there was nut much in it. The only thing that bugs me is you can't get cruise on the S, I have no idea why. I think the ride is fine on my S, people who complain about it should try a BM with M Sport suspension of a Cooper S. I've had both and the ride was bone shaking on both.

I voted Zetec S because I'm not a fan of the previous ST, it was always out gunned by its rivals. I think other junior hot hatches of the time are better; Cooper S, Clio 182.

Petrol mk7 zetec s = the best but expencive...old shape st? U can get one for 4 grand... both great cars...you have great taste! :-)

• 2 months later...

I love the Zetec S and will defo be getting one this year funds allowing, think a Zetec S with ST engine could be pretty potent lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club