Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Fiesta St Or Mk7 Zetec S

Roll

46 members have voted

1. 1. Mk6.5 Fiesta St or Mk7 Zetec S?

• St
    • Zetec S

Zetec S with h Mountune 155 package if you're really bothered about the performance.

I went for the Zetec S because I thought the sports seats were more comfortable, the standard wheels are nicer than the titanium wheels and it has no chrome. I know wheels can be changed, but mine is a lease car so no can do.

I test drove both and genuinely thought the S was a mildly better steer, although there was nut much in it. The only thing that bugs me is you can't get cruise on the S, I have no idea why. I think the ride is fine on my S, people who complain about it should try a BM with M Sport suspension of a Cooper S. I've had both and the ride was bone shaking on both.

I voted Zetec S because I'm not a fan of the previous ST, it was always out gunned by its rivals. I think other junior hot hatches of the time are better; Cooper S, Clio 182.

I've had a Cooper and a Clio 182 and have to say the Clio wins all round in comfort and speed. Having a work green car scheme whereby you are paid by the amount of CO2 emissions your car has, unfortunately meant the Clio had to go about 3 years ago. I have very fond memories of it. I then leased a Titanium when the Clio was sold and it is a better car than the ZS, no question. Shame I couldn't afford one at the time when the lease was up on it.

• 2 years later...

I've had a Cooper and a Clio 182 and have to say the Clio wins all round in comfort and speed. Having a work green car scheme whereby you are paid by the amount of CO2 emissions your car has, unfortunately meant the Clio had to go about 3 years ago. I have very fond memories of it. I then leased a Titanium when the Clio was sold and it is a better car than the ZS, no question. Shame I couldn't afford one at the time when the lease was up on it.

Having also owned a Clio 182 they are no way comfier than a ZS.

I kept mine for nearly 3 years and flogged it because of the rattles &squeaks (only had 40k on it) which plagued the car.

Great fun to drive but very poorly built.....its probably the only car I've sold and don't miss!

I think end of the day it's about getting the best quality out of your money. If you're looking at a MK7 Zetec S or a 6.5 Fiesta ST which are identically similar money, for example £6000 then you'll find you get more for your money with the ZS as long as it's got some packages on it that aren't standard. Personally I think the older fiesta shape looks out dated and I'm not a fan of the interior whereas the MK7 I think is a better sized car and better styling as well as interior. Like others said the ST in comparison to it's rivals several years ago power wise wasn't great - I would much prefer the Clio 182 over the ST. It's your money, but preference wise I would chose the ZS. But have you not considered other cars for the money you have? What is your budget? You'll be surprised what cars you can get instead of the MK7 ZS or MK6.5 ST!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club