Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Owner Help

Verne

Hi All

Having driven a Honda Prelude for the past 10 years, I have only been a member for a couple of months and this is my first time posting.

Back in February, I sold my Prelude and we bought a 58 plate 1.25 Style with 6,700 miles on the clock B)

500 miles later and we are very happy with our purchase, but we do have a couple of things that I need advice on.

When we bought the car, there was an occasional squeak from the gearstick when changing gear. Despite Bristol Street having the car back and sorting it - the noise has started to reappear in the past few days. Any ideas what the problem actually is ?

Our main concern at the moment is that there is a whine/whirr from the gearbox area when in neutral - this disppears as soon as the clutch pedal is pressed. A problem I have always associated with the release bearing.

Is there anything else that could be the problem?

Finally, am I right in thinking that being a 58 plate (October 2008) that the vehicle is still covered by the manufacturers warranty?

This is the first time I have ever owned a car that is new enough to be within the warranty period, so can I just go to any Ford dealer or do I have to go back to Bristol Street where I bought it (90 mile round trip). Do I need documentation of some sort?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you guys don't know, I'll go and buy another Honda :D

TIA

Verne

the warranty for the car should stand for 3 years as far as my understanding is

as for the whining noise from the gearbox, is that noise only when the auto-choke comes on when the engine is cold and the revs are higher?? its been happening for awhile on mine, but only then and i saw it as a mixture of the car revving higher, and the car stopping its self from stalling

the warranty for the car should stand for 3 years as far as my understanding is

as for the whining noise from the gearbox, is that noise only when the auto-choke comes on when the engine is cold and the revs are higher?? its been happening for awhile on mine, but only then and i saw it as a mixture of the car revving higher, and the car stopping its self from stalling

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to have to take the car for a run and see if the whine disappears when fully up to temp. Our commute is only 2 miles, so probably never fully warmed up going to work.