Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion Tdci

kj200sx

hi all just joined up so a quick hi befor I start

write I have just bought a 52 reg 1.4 tdci fusion and basically it seems low on power it will get upto 70 after a while but there is defiantly no turbo action going on and on the way back eac fail flashed up but turned it of and not come back on since also noticed there is no engine management light or glow plug light plugged the car in to computer and came up with egr valve insufficient flow or along them lines have looked at the turbo and looked ok from what I could see bit there is abit of blue smoke which led me to think turbo maybe shot but if anyone has any ideas of what could be stopping the turbo to function pls let me know my mum has fiesta tdci so could swap parts to eliminate if needed thanks in advance

sounds like a clogged up egr valve,try removing and cleaning and see if the car improves

hi there have spent abit of time today on the car and is not egr is not maf have changed fuel and air filter also throttle position switch dissconected the exhaust from turbo to see if blocked cat/exhaust not completely removed but loosens bolts to let gases escape if exhaust was blocked also I have no engine management light or glow plug light when ignition on but can get lights to come on briefely when plugged into scanner have compared data on mine and my mums fiesta tdci and the only difference is she has a map reading of 13.00 and mine reads 0.00 on snap on scanner do these have a map sensor or is this Ecu problem am out of ideas now short of removing my mums Ecu and clocks and trying them in mine where is the Ecu located and is it possible to swap over without coding sorry long winded but trying to give as much info as poss

egr swap with mothers and test. im sure you will find the ecu at fault and after visiting a number of garages you will be directed to dealers where your wallet will be lightened by over a grand. to try your mums you need to drill the ecu bolts out and this is only advised when removing scrap ecu's as the extreme vibrations can upset a working ecu. if you choose to do it you will need to swap clocks and hang the key reader on your car down with your mums key sellotaped to it and try it. anyway the GOOD NEWS i have done loads of fiesta, fusion and c-max eac fails. i need the car for 3 hours (in bradford) and have done that many i have a set fee for the repair. i charge £150 all in and require the car to have a good battery and a tenners worth of juice as the final stage of the repair is a long testdrive including motorway to allow the ecu to relearn and re-adapt its values. this 30 mile or so test drive also confirms the repair is satisfactory under all road conditions. if you need any more advice please call steve 07518 722699

hi there thanks for the reply the problem with the lack of power was the turbo was coked solid nearly on the exhaust side cleaned it out and job done car producing boost and driving as it should however I still have no eml on the dash when ignition is turned on but can confirm the light itself works as fine in test mode so may still be a problem with Ecu/cluster and also when left on idle get some blue smoke come out and have read that sometimes a software update can cure this as it's not fueling correctly. just hope it's not the rings on there way out what does your repair consist of is it a software update on the Ecu aswell as Any possible repairs ?

hi there thanks for the reply the problem with the lack of power was the turbo was coked solid nearly on the exhaust side cleaned it out and job done car producing boost and driving as it should however I still have no eml on the dash when ignition is turned on but can confirm the light itself works as fine in test mode so may still be a problem with Ecu/cluster and also when left on idle get some blue smoke come out and have read that sometimes a software update can cure this as it's not fueling correctly. just hope it's not the rings on there way out what does your repair consist of is it a software update on the Ecu aswell as Any possible repairs ?

hi please read here for repar details

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23038

in short using ford ids (dealer tool) scan all modules/controllers for faults.

monitor vehicle info on computer while on roadtest

if fault eac fail is present or has been present ford will tell you new ecu....

my repair is to remove/open/and repair ecu instead of fitting new

followed by updating ecu software to latest release (march 2011 calibrations)

roadtest vehicle for 20/30 miles including motorway and monitor car on pc again

give you a bill and recieve a thankyou for saving you £850 ish

thanks steve

• 5 months later...

I faced the same problem with my fusion.

The car, after a lot of effort, reached some speeds.

The Ford service centre diagnosed (or may be not) the problem to be clutch failure.

Another local service centre diagnosed it as TURBO FAILURE.

It was in fact the turbo that had failed.

It was changed, and the car was back to its usual peppy self.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club