Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Focus 1.8Tdci Stopped And Wont Restart

aidmcn

Hi i have a 2005 focus 1.8 tdci which has had an ongoing problem that manefests itself when driving along, the display reads reduced power, followed by power assist failure and ultimately when it stops the message is engine systems fault. At this stage the engine immobiliser light is flashing quickly and the car will not turn over or start.

To date the ford dealer has tried the following on the five occasions that it has been towed to the dealership.

Reprogramming Keys

Replacing the internal fuse box

Replacing the battery

Soldering some cables he states were loose behind the dash

and finally replacing the instrument cluster

Does anybody have any knowledge of a similar fault and how to resolve it?

hate to say it, if they have replaced those and its still happening its going to get expensive...im thinking new ecu maybe

Sounds like to me something to do with the alarm/immobiliser.

I think the car displays and error code which is something to do with an intrustion attempt

hate to say it, if they have replaced those and its still happening its going to get expensive...im thinking new ecu maybe

Its already cost £1100, the dealer will supply a warranty with the part butnot confirm that the underlying issue is resolved.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club