Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Camera?

Tato

Good day everybody

Did any of you added a reverse camera to their Fiesta Mk7?

Just curious how it turned out...

Cheers!

I did.

At first it was an 'impress your mates' gadget. but after a few weeks i find i'm using it more and more.

It's a handy piece of kit

I did.

At first it was an 'impress your mates' gadget. but after a few weeks i find i'm using it more and more.

It's a handy piece of kit

Would you mind sharing the model and maybe one picture so I can see where you added the camera?

Cheers!

Hi mate,

Just updated my profile with my model, here are a couple of pictures (albeit a bit wet) but are good enough to see the Ford setup...

CIMG1256.jpg

CIMG1257.jpg

Cheers

Bri

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Just updated my profile with my model, here are a couple of pictures (albeit a bit wet) but are good enough to see the Ford setup...

CIMG1256.jpg

CIMG1257.jpg

Cheers

Bri

Thanks mate for sharing!

Any link where you've bought the camera from?

By the way, you replaced also the mirror right?

Cheers

Tato

• Like 1

Sorry if i've confused you but it was part of the pack when new from Ford. You get the camera, parking sensors, auto lights and auto wipers.

Sorry if i've confused you but it was part of the pack when new from Ford. You get the camera, parking sensors, auto lights and auto wipers.

Ok, now I understand. What was the name of the Ford pack?

Ooo that looks good. Shame it doesn't park itself like the focus :lol:

Ooo that looks good. Shame it doesn't park itself like the focus :lol:

Come on...where is the fun if we are not doing anything anymore with our cars :)

Parking sensors, rear cameras.....in a fiesta???? Is it me or is that a bit over kill? I'd get it in a Mondeo but a small little Fiesta? Not and option I'd personnally pay for, but if you have the money then why not.

• Like 1

Parking sensors, rear cameras.....in a fiesta???? Is it me or is that a bit over kill? I'd get it in a Mondeo but a small little Fiesta? Not and option I'd personnally pay for, but if you have the money then why not.

Well, parking sensors (after market ones) are quite cheap and working well. As for the rear camera, that's also relatively cheap to buy and add.

But you are right, it is a small car...parking it is easy job :)

Come on...where is the fun if we are not doing anything anymore with our cars :)

Well you can park manually too lol.

Its more about look what my car can do. I love all the technology, amenities and gadgets Ford have stuffed into the Fiesta, and now even more so - the focus.

As much as I love 'driving' I have an automatic, and if I went for the new Focus I would certainally opt for the park assist, city brake assist, lane assist, steer assist, powershift auto box etc etc. Even if not using these things constantly I'd still be happy to know my car could do this stuff. And who wouldn't be smug showing off all these gadgets to their mates the first time they bring home their new car. :lol:

Maybe I'm a car snob lol

edit: ...or geek :P

Its more about look what my car can do. I love all the technology, amenities and gadgets Ford have stuffed into the Fiesta, and now even more so - the focus.

As much as I love 'driving' I have an automatic, and if I went for the new Focus I would certainally opt for the park assist, city brake assist, lane assist, steer assist, powershift auto box etc etc. Even if not using these things constantly I'd still be happy to know my car could do this stuff. And who wouldn't be smug showing off all these gadgets to their mates the first time they bring home their new car. :lol:

Maybe I'm a car snob lol

I totally get your point :)

Gadgets are fun...

Maybe I'm a car snob lol

only issue is its more to go wrong

• Like 1

only issue is its more to go wrong

Thats what the warrenty's for ;)

Thats what the warrenty's for ;)

But it's still not nice to have the car in warranty ;)

I wasn't initially after the camera to be honest, as I also thought why put parking sensors on a small car. I really wanted the auto lights and wipers and the camera came as part of the pack (not sure what the pack was called).

After using it for a while i see the camera not so much as a strict parking tool but something for extra rear peripheral visibility , (sounds one of the same thing i know) but it works well

I will install this with GPS. i bought GPS Mirror and reverse cam

$(KGrHqN,!hEE1hJbRw7hBNdMz3Hmyg~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!lYE2D5e3Mt5BNqss-o2dg~~_12.JPG

Now, wait for the delivery, and to install

Great find Lez!

I guess the cam will fit the Fiesta, right? Where is supposed to be attached?

Please keep me posted about the install because I am also thinking to buy something like this. When will your products arrive?

it will go in the real numberplate light like this

CIMG1256.jpg

but i`m not sure i will color paint...

i hope i will get it soon, it come from china...

:o gps AND reverse camera - I like!! Im guessing you lose a rear view mirror though?

edit: oh yeah but u have the camera for that lol DOH!

it will go in the real numberplate light like this

CIMG1256.jpg

but i`m not sure i will color paint...

i hope i will get it soon, it come from china...

That's perfect fit in my opinion.

I will get one myself, but I will buy one monitor rather than giving up the mirror.

No, you will not give up the mirror, the reverse cam will displayed on the GPS screen, the mirror be a mirror all the time...

$(KGrHqN,!hEE1hJbRw7hBNdMz3Hmyg~~_12.JPG

Have a look on this video...

Have a look on this video...

Looks interesting...but I think I will go just for the reverse camera and then buy some separate monitor