Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Sony Headunit

TOP_GOONER

Hi am after the sony headunit that is fitted into the titanium fiestas.

Does any body know the part number or if you can get hold of them as an aftermarket kit?

Cheers Dan

Hi am after the sony headunit that is fitted into the titanium fiestas.

Does any body know the part number or if you can get hold of them as an aftermarket kit?

Cheers Dan

Let's see if you get an answer, because I am also curious to know... :)

Cheers!

Dan - before I changed the unit on my Fez with an aftermarket unit I did enquire about the Sony model. I went to my local Ford Garage and they told me that coz its such a new item on the Fiesta it wasn't available as a special order, this was obviously 2/3 months ago and things might have changed since. Your best bet is to go to Ford and just ask them, unfortunately I can't give you a FINIS number as it wasn't available on the Ford database.

But I will say, if it costs in the 300 to 400 region you might be better off getting an aftermarket Alpine/Pioneer unit as these are a lot better and the power rating is also a lot better.

Good luck

Dan - before I changed the unit on my Fez with an aftermarket unit I did enquire about the Sony model. I went to my local Ford Garage and they told me that coz its such a new item on the Fiesta it wasn't available as a special order, this was obviously 2/3 months ago and things might have changed since. Your best bet is to go to Ford and just ask them, unfortunately I can't give you a FINIS number as it wasn't available on the Ford database.

But I will say, if it costs in the 300 to 400 region you might be better off getting an aftermarket Alpine/Pioneer unit as these are a lot better and the power rating is also a lot better.

Good luck

Can you easily fit an after-market (Alpine/Sony) into the Fiesta?

I would say for the money they will charge you then retro fitting it ( I believe their was some differences in them), you could take that money, maybe add about £300 and get an entire speaker/amp/ aftermarket with satnav etc for the money.

I would say for the money they will charge you then retro fitting it ( I believe their was some differences in them), you could take that money, maybe add about £300 and get an entire speaker/amp/ aftermarket with satnav etc for the money.

Actually, personally I just need some extra bass for the car, nothing else. I will most likely go for one active subwoofer.

You can do that yes, but id rather people would put their money into a proper sub/amp setup, the returns are 5xtimes better in terms of sound quality.

With an active sub its making guesswrok at best from the RCA feed from the HU, which can lead to very bad crossover points.

Baring in mind im basing this on teh fact that he could nearly drop close to £400-£500 jsut replacing his headunit for another Ford stock unit, for VERY little returns.

You can do that yes, but id rather people would put their money into a proper sub/amp setup, the returns are 5xtimes better in terms of sound quality.

With an active sub its making guesswrok at best from the RCA feed from the HU, which can lead to very bad crossover points.

Baring in mind im basing this on teh fact that he could nearly drop close to £400-£500 jsut replacing his headunit for another Ford stock unit, for VERY little returns.

The thing is that I still want to save my boot space. That's one reason why I don't want to buy a proper sub and amp.

I believe it is a different connection/adaptor - think someone might have adapted it though.

from memory it was stupidly expensive, for well just appearance and a lil extra sound quality... have a nosey at the pioneer option thats a big touch screen...

chip this in too... look at a scrappies if ya can, they may have one pop up and it will be dirt cheap :) plus as for fitting it after a min or 2 googling i bet ya will find a double din converter for it

from memory it was stupidly expensive, for well just appearance and a lil extra sound quality...

The Sony one?

Tato - please go to my photo gallery where I have uploaded a load of pics of my install, I've fitted an aftermarket Alpine SatNav unit, Alpine amp, Alpine Speakers in the front and rear as well as a focal active sub in the boot.

Tato - please go to my photo gallery where I have uploaded a load of pics of my install, I've fitted an aftermarket Alpine SatNav unit, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers in the front and rear as well as a focal active sub in the boot.

Thanks Kabz77! I have checked your gallery. Focal active sub (slim) is that good enough for a better sound quality?

What's the size of the Speakers in the front and back?

By the way, I really like your leather work! Great job! I want to do mine also soon after I get the car. Could I ask how much you paid for it?

The Sony one?

yeaaahhhh that one... tbh i prefer the standard look

yeaaahhhh that one... tbh i prefer the standard look

I don't mind that much the original unit, but I would like to improve the sound a bit, especially with the bass.

I don't mind that much the original unit, but I would like to improve the sound a bit, especially with the bass.

pioneer speaker upgrade, if your really fussed on bass and dont want an idiot box in your boot, under-seat subs ford will fit too... and as for the bass.. i find turning it all the way up on the EQ nails my dubstep tunes :P

pioneer speaker upgrade, if your really fussed on bass and dont want an idiot box in your boot, under-seat subs ford will fit too... and as for the bass.. i find turning it all the way up on the EQ nails my dubstep tunes :P

Do you know any good online shop in UK that sells Speakers? (preferably with EU shipment also)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club