Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Negative Feed On Theeee Lights

Nico.

swear this will be the last post before i fit them and maybe up a guide :P

the power is gonna be coming from the fuse box into a tiny module i got and this then needs the black wires of it to be attached to something but all the fitting instructions say is "the black wires are negative" which is abit naff really... so yeah A) if i do link it to the battery negative feed... how? as the cable is tiny tiny there is no chance of clipping onto the battery unless i extended it with a fatter wire, and B ) if not the battery where???

cheers people :)

Any bulb will have a Negative wire, so you should be able to take a earth off one, either the headlights or the fog lights. That's the east way, other way is to use a existing bolt, or drill a hole and use a self tapping screw. Basically anywhere on the chassis will do.

Hope this helps

fuse box's are good for both pos and neg connections. and as musketeer says.

ahhh ya see i didn't think of that... makes good good sense, and i should on one side have the cable lock connectors (from the old drl's) sat on the sidelight feed... one query on that though i dont think it should from scratching my head on it, but that wouldn't involve me having to turn the sides on would it?

as i said i dont think so but i just want make 10000000000000000000000000000000% sure

one query on that though i dont think it should from scratching my head on it, but that wouldn't involve me having to turn the sides on would it?

as i said i dont think so but i just want make 10000000000000000000000000000000% sure

The only way you can get around not putting your side lights on, would be by either placing the pos side stright through to the battery (probably via a resistor) or placing it on something from the fuse box, that becomes live when your engine is turned on and says live.

The only way you can get around not putting your side lights on, would be by either placing the pos side stright through to the battery (probably via a resistor) or placing it on something from the fuse box, that becomes live when your engine is turned on and says live.

think i worded the question wrong sorry... i got the live feed from the fuse box on a fuse that only turns on when the car starts, but i was meaning to ask does tapping into the sidelight feed mean having to turn them on for the negative wire... but that just sounds like nonsense to me and i even asked it!

drew up a lil diagram before of it and it kinda cleared my initial worry

thanks though

A negative feed should be there all the time, whether the engine is on or off.

Do you mean through a relay and not a resistor ?

the chassis of a car is its earth or 'negative', so the best thing to do is find a nut or bolt or even a screw somewhere convenient and use a ring crimp.. just make sure you clean away a little paint if there is any.. this way saves chopping or tapping wires.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club