Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tripple Deck > Single Din

kv100

Hi All, just been looking on eBay at various bits n bobs. I've seen the double din conversion kits advertised for the fusion. Is this for the later fusion or will it fit my fusion with the triple deck CD player? I noticed that if I was to try to fit this into my fusion, it would mean butchering the dash. Does anyone know the easiest any way to fit a single din stereo into the triple deck dash without damaging it?

many thanks, Paul.

Hi Paul,

Can't say I've come across a 3 x din cd player, but anyway, if you go to Halfords, or a good 'ICE' supplier, they usually carry the blanking plates in stock...some of which have a clever concealed 'cubby'... if they haven't got your specific requirement...ask 'em to order you one.

Hi Pete, sorry if I wasn't very clear. What I meant by triple deck was one of these:-

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/kv100/tripple-deck.jpg

It's not actually a 3 din size but it has 3 separate sections to it.

Hope That has clarified what the heck I'm on about.

Many thanks, Paul.

post-22301-0-95843900-1305633486_thumb.j

It does look like you are going to have to cut the two sections out between the top and bottom holes what ever you do. Provided there is one big hole behind it you could fit a nice double din touch screen DVD/SatNav unit in there.

• 4 weeks later...

I would imagine that it's just a giant hole behind it. Any good conversion kit will come with a new face plate - which is pretty much the entire center section of the dash judging from that picture. Take the face plate off and look, usually they're just held on with a few screws and clips.

Well I've finally plucked up the courage to butcher the dash. I bought one of these off eBay Single din conversion I did have to cut the centre sections out of the dash, but this was not as hard as I expected. everything was quite easy to do and as you can see from the pic, it turned out quite neat. Many thanks for the coments and advice.Picture.jpg

Nice job, and you have got some extra storage out of it.

• 8 months later...

nice post i was looking on eBay for a double din head unit to fit in mine and spray the center bit in silver did you need to buy any thing other than the stereo and single din thing

Hi Leo. When I bought the single din conversion kit, it came with the standard ISO wiring adapter. As the stereo I fitted had this wiring, it made life a lot easier, there was no butchering of wires, it just plugged in. Further more, when I fitted the Parrot hands free kit, it just plugged into the ISO wiring. I'm chuffed to bits with the results.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club