Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Sill Damage

stevepil

Hi

Can someone help

Had to get a new tyre today and when car was away and come back I have noted some damage to underside

of car, by the sill - I have contact the garage and they said it was already there??

I know I caught it a while ago on a speed bump but surely it couldnt have done this damage.

The garage have said its fine they did notice it but its Ok

Please can someone confirm, I have attached a pic and it does look a lot worse as its close up but

I am worried about jacking the car or anything incase it falls due to the damage.

please can someone help, its a company car also so worried when lease ends I will get large fine from

my lease provider for unfair wear and tear

If anyone can help

Thank

you picture has not been uploaded, least ways I cannot see it. Hence not in a position to offer an opinion one way or the other.

Take it to a repair shop and don't worry. Whats the worse that can happen? Say if you take it back and they do bill you. How much is it going to cost? Thousands? Doubt it. Take it to a repair shop and get a quote and put your mind at rest.

Thanks for the replies, how much do you think a repair could cost? no it may not be in thousands but even hundreds could be scary :(

Thanks...post-17843-0-68893600-1305920191_thumb.j

Thanks for the replies, how much do you think a repair could cost? no it may not be in thousands but even hundreds could be scary :(

Thanks...post-17843-0-68893600-1305920191_thumb.j

is that it lol theres nowt to worry about there they all do it simply waxoyl and underseal it after puttind some rust kure on and youre done theres no structural damage

Thanks for above, thats such a relief!

Is that a job I can do myself and I dont have to tap it back in to shape? do you just rub it over the whole thing?

Thanks...post-17843-0-16967000-1305964034_thumb.j

Well I would have preferred a long shot photo that showed the undamaged area as well to try and determine what caused the damage. But I would hazard a guess you did that when you bottomed the car on the speed hump.......slow down you mad bugger :P

LOL thanks all ;0)

apply hammerite kurust to it you could shape it simply with plyers then after the kurust has dried some black paint let it dry then waxoyl underseal it

I'll second Hammerite Kurust, but be sure to leave three hours between application of Kurust and top coating with paint....it's part of the "curing" process.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club