Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 V Mk7

TheRangers

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of fiesta is the best looking?

Have been having an argument with my brother about which type of fiesta is the best looking. He has a MK6 ST and I have a mk 7 zetec s. He thinks the MK6 is the nicest looking shape while I totally disagree. Thoughts?

Sorry for your brother, but the Mk6 is far from being a beautiful car, at least in my opinion :D

Easily the MK7, IMO the MK6 is too boxy

Without a shadow of a doubt it's the MK7. IMHO it's actually one of the best looking cars . <<<<full stop

Definitely the mk7, as said above the mk6 is too boxy. Plus I hate the standard rubber gear gaiter (the one that looks like the bend in a drinking straw) on the mk6!

Without a shadow of a doubt it's the MK7. IMHO it's actually one of the best looking cars . <<<<full stop

That is so correct. Before purchasing the Fiesta I was thinking about other options like (Vw Polo,Megane Coupe) but the Fiesta looks much better compared to many other cars.

The looks of a car are a matter of taste ... so really ... no answer on that one.

But, the new look marks a new era for the whole range of Fords cars .. and the old MK6 was still the old style and so marks the END of a serie. Done, finished, over with ... and let' s be honest ... it's a BIG change in style.

you've changed it now.

it now is mk7 vs ST, i htought your bro was comparing zetec s'

you've changed it now.

it now is mk7 vs ST, i htought your bro was comparing zetec s'

We were. I showed him the results of this poll and he took a hissy fit and changed it to ST(which looks the same anyway) :lol:

We were. I showed him the results of this poll and he took a hissy fit and changed it to ST(which looks the same anyway) :lol:

yeah but this forum is heavily biased toward mk7s, you'd be better off putting the poll on ukfn and zsoc with a more balanced view

yeah but this forum is heavily biased toward mk7s, you'd be better off putting the poll on ukfn and zsoc with a more balanced view

Not very balanced - ZSOC are very heavily against the MK7 :P (there are a few exceptions)

Seems to be MK5 central.

MK7 is miles better than the MK6, no argument

Mk7 is the better looker, Mk6 facelift is the better car

Not very balanced - ZSOC are very heavily against the MK7 :P (there are a few exceptions)

Seems to be MK5 central.

Not by the replies in my progress thread ;)

it is heavily populated by mk5 owners but they aren't unwilling to admit the mk7 is an alright looker. The ST is sexy with a few choice mods, but it's boxy shape is dated with the current crop of curvy small cars out there.

I'd still have my ST to this day if I didn't have a 45 mile round trip to work... oh also the write off crash might have prevented me from having it too!

Better looking? Yes. Better car? No.

How is the MK6 a better car? I've driven a MK6 while owning my MK7 and i thought it was an awful car! The MK7 has far more features, better dashboard layout, better handling, much better styling... need i carry on?

I think the limited number of people who have said the MK6 is a "better" car have not driven the new Fiesta...

How is the MK6 a better car? I've driven a MK6 while owning my MK7 and i thought it was an awful car! The MK7 has far more features, better dashboard layout, better handling, much better styling... need i carry on?

I can second that. The MK7 is in a different class

I can second that. The MK7 is in a different class

Totally right there...

Which is better looking?

I think both are a good style of car for the decade they were created in. The Mk6 is still a good design and doesnt look out dated on todays roads. The Mk7 is simply a more modern design that works for today.

A VAST improvement about the Mk7 is the space to the left of the clutch pedal The Mk6 was one of the few cars with no-where to rest your foot once taken off the clutch.

One thing I hate about both is the screen wash jets on the bonnet its way past time Ford caught up with other makes and moved them up off the bonnet or onto the wipers.

I have had Fiesta's from the Mk5 to the Mk7 and in my own opinion I prefered the Mk6.5 over the rest. If the dealer could get me a brand new one I would change the Mk7 asap.

Mk7's kinetic styling make's it a good looking car the same as the Mk6 was a good looking car in the new edge styling phase.

Mk7 need's the Mk6's steering and braking system's (Mk7's steering too light, pedal feel's softer).

Just feel short changed with the Mk7 with it's poorer wiper's, creaking/clunking steering, only two speaker's on the Zetec trim (would swap the tweeter's for rear one's), engine temp gauge, few other cost cutting thing's too. Small thing's but owning a Mk6 was just more enjoyable to me

I've had both and the mk7 is a better looker and better in practically every way, except I prefer the hydraulic PAS in the mk6 to the EPAS in the mk 7.

I had a rogue Mk6 I think. It was faster, quieter, more economical and handled better than my Mk7 and had a lot less rattles. My Mk7 is still a cracking car but I'll decide which is best after 100,000 miles in it.

Mk7 need's the Mk6's steering...(Mk7's steering too light...).

poorer wiper's, only two speaker's on the Zetec trim (would swap the tweeter's for rear one's), engine temp gauge, few other cost cutting thing's too. Small thing's but owning a Mk6 was just more enjoyable to me

feel the same here, i sorely miss the weighting from the steering in the mk6.5 zetec s i had :( keep thinking the steering wheel felt smaller as well? I hate the electric whining noise my mk7 makes when parking too.

Not a fan of the steering in my current mk7 but definitely appreciate it being quieter with smoother suspension! So, a bit of a compromise here & there but im still happy!

Generally the mk7 is a much more grown up car to drive, whilst my mk6.5 was more fun and like a go kart - which makes it more memorable though. Looks wise, the mk 7 is easily better, no question.

DSCN0175.jpg

which front end looks better? haha

and

it dont look out of place next to a proper car

27032010018.jpg

mk7 all day any day unless you own a mk6... every1 that owns a mk6 i talk to says theirs looks better, but i must say i never liked the mk7 but it grew on me now i think its stunning

and as for driving its a doddle, the chassis is top notch you dont ever feel like you working it too hard, the steering is spot on, clutch is light, brakes are perfect, driving positions are excellent only lil moan i can have is the smaller back window

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club