Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Split Turbocharger Outlet Hose

alternator

Hey guys,

After various investigations into the usual power loss problems lots of people are experiencing with there C-Max's, I discovered that there was a gaping hole in the rubber or silicon hose which connects the output of the turbocharger to the metal pipework. Would explain the sound of air escaping during acceleration, and the oily residue down the left hand side of the engine.

I am finding it difficult to locate the name of this part and the part number, and was wondering if one of you guys could help.

Would be much appreciated.

Also any thoughts on whether this split hose would cause the plumes of black smoke during acceleration?

I have gone through the steps of using Wynns's EGR3, which has definitely reduced the amount of black smoke, as well as improving the overall sound from the engine and idling.

Thanks

Hello,

If you post your car details (engine size, year etc.) or the VIN number I can have a look at my Electronic Parts Catalogue and see what I can find. Reply might take a couple of days as not always near this pc.

Pavillion.

Hello,

If you post your car details (engine size, year etc.) or the VIN number I can have a look at my Electronic Parts Catalogue and see what I can find. Reply might take a couple of days as not always near this pc.

Pavillion.

That would be great Pavillion.

It's a C Max 2005 1.6 TDCI Zetec. The hose is silver in colour, red on the inside. Has different diameters at the ends.

Thanks.

Hello alternator,

Have a look at the attached image. If your hose is a part of 6C646B, then I'm afraid it comes as part of a kit and the retail cost is about £195. If it's a different part post a reply and I'll have another look.

Pavillion.

cmaxintercoolerpipes1.doc

I believe you have hit the nail on the head Pavillion. Great!

Well kind of. This means I have to order a kit of parts, just to get the small pipe at the top.

Now I know what it's called (intercooler hose/pipe) I'll try and find a spare or used part online.

Thank you again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club