Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Key

suraj

im after some help/instructions on how to add an additional keys which will allow the engine to start. I have 2 keys already and wish to add another due to multiple users in household for my fiesta.

I have seen a uncut key on eBay and have already inquired at locksmith who will cut the key. I have been informed with ford cars you can add an additional key as long as the two keys are present.

model: Fiesta MK6.5 (2007)

Program the new remote 1st,

Turn ignition 0 - II 4 times within 6 seconds, Ignition off, tone sounds.

Press any button on remote 1 tone sounds, then press any button on remote 2 another tone sounds.

Ignition on and off exits program mode.

Now program the PATS immobilizer, As long as you have 2 unique and working keys that start the car.

Insert key 1 turn from 0 - II and back to 0

remove

Insert key 2 turn from 0 - II then back to 0

remove

Within 10 seconds insert the NEW key and turn to position II (wait a few seconds then remove)

Wait at least 5 seconds and you now have 3 working keys.

• Like 1

Would this reprogram the original remote central locking key of my car? cant get the rcl to work on mine. Dou you take the key out the ignition before pressing the button or do you press it while still in the ignition?

Steve

On the later ford you can only program the immobiliser through the ecu as they do not have a master key. Better get yourself to a decent locksmith or your lOcal dealer

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the instructions, worked first time every time.

I programmed 2 extra keys costing in total of £28.

From eBay I won a bid for a used remote FOB for £10 inc del.(make sure it has a carbon chip). And I bought new FOB case and blank key blade for £5. I transfered the insides of the used fob to the new casing.

Also on eBay a seller was selling a brand key ford OE manual key for £3 with carbon chip. I thought it was to good to be true but yet i bought one cos it was only 3 quid. This key works.

I got both key blades cut from Timpsons for £10.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club