Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Or Mk8

CaraFiester

I know this sounds soo stupid but what is my car ? Mk7 or Mk8 fiesta ? Reason whyi am wondering is because im ordering coilovers and im not sure if its for mk7 or mk8! Thanks

There is no definitive answer to this, and we need to see your car to tell you...

On FOC, we refer to the current model Fiesta as the mk7:

Ford_Fiesta_MK7_Sport_20090331_front.JPG

However, our numbering system is actually slightly misleading as we number this:

fordfiestamk4.jpg

as the mk4 and this:

Fiesta%20Zetec%20S.jpg

as the mk5. In actual fact, these are effectively the same car and should be considered the mk4 and the mk4 facelift (or mk4.5)

If you apply the same logic to what we on FOC term the mk6 - and label the mk6 facelift (or the mk6.5 as we sometimes call it) as the mk7, then that would make the current model the mk8, hence the confusion.

By FOC's reckoning the car in your user pic is a mk7 - that doesn't mean the coilover manfacturer is using the same numbering.

76952_453756835847_616720847_5959553_7711920_n.jpg

Its 2010

But when i type mk7into eBay its the older shape that comes up and when i type mk7 into google its my shape that comes up

Nice wheels - are they from a Focus?

Yes - we call that a mk7, but that doesn't mean the manufacturer of coilovers you're looking at does.

Nice wheels - are they from a Focus?

second that! reminds me of my 2006 zetec s in colorado red (...mk6.5), definitely a good choice! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for dragging up a bit of an old thread.

The best way to make sure you get the right coilovers, is to use the registration rate to double check. Some manufacturers also have the chassis codes listed against the kits, this would be the ideal way to triple check :)

[EDIT] p.s. see my Signature if you havn't already taken the plunge :) [/EDIT]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club