Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spraying The Rear Diffusor

Nico.

getting the front grille done by a mate who's place is doing the front bumper for me as a lil side job, but with the back its either i do it myself or pay get it done, matt black & getting the windows tinted wouldn't half improve the look... gonna spray the mud guards myself, just gonna take them off and put em back on... so should i do the same with the rear diffusor or fork out the extra to get it done??

Depends how confident you are at spraying. If you're using a rattle can in your garage or garden.. Don't! You'll have bit of dirt and dust all over it. If you're planning on using a spray gun in a booth. Do it. Saved me £200

200 quid you got quoted?! jesus.. i just got 60 quid for a full front bumper respray and the front grille... tbh i am tempted just to say do the back one too for sake of how ever much it could be

If you are unsure on your paint skills - let the pro's do it :) Last thing you want is to muck it up and your left with a bad looking rear diff

go for satin, i asked for mine to be painted gloss black but it would of been a very big job due to the ripples on the diffuser so satin black still brings a shine but it different to the original grey plastic. its worth paying for it to get done as just to spray isnt that expensive only costs alot of money when you want it gloss :)

I got quoted £300 for rear diffuser, both front grills

I bought

Plastic primer

Cellulose primer

Thinner

Metallic basecoat

Lacquer

hardener

All for £70 and did it myself in a spray booth

how did you go about it? like taking the parts off etc my mate just got a proper spraying kit and is gonna do it with us...

I'd be more concerned about the removal of the diffuser, spraying is the easy part in comparison. There are rivets holding it on which have to be broken and then replaced with a similar rivet style to stop it been pulled off with drag under speed.

I still haven't done mine even though I've done the front, I'm contemplating doin it on the car :/

I'd be more concerned about the removal of the diffuser, spraying is the easy part in comparison. There are rivets holding it on which have to be broken and then replaced with a similar rivet style to stop it been pulled off with drag under speed.

I still haven't done mine even though I've done the front, I'm contemplating doin it on the car :/

masking job then? someone said that to me awhile back saying it best just cover the car and do it so i might do that myself, unless there and easier way to take it off

masking job then? someone said that to me awhile back saying it best just cover the car and do it so i might do that myself, unless there and easier way to take it off

Yea, I was gonna pry it off slightly and feed newspaper behind it.

Hopefully it'll work

It is very easy to get off. Just drill the 2 rivets out and then pull. Then just rerivet it when you put it back on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club