Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lumbar On Fiesta Mk 7 Seats

ffiscool

hi, having been on here previously with issues on car seats/my neck, I just wondered, does the Titanium have lumbar support and if so, do you reckon there is a way to get my seat swapped out for one with lumbar.

they obv have same fittings and sizes as the car is the same size?

and anyone who does have lumbar on their fiesta, is it good?

I had it on my mazda and whilst i may have had the lumbar bit not that raised, i think the fact it was there made the seat back that bit firmer

i could buy a portable support but rather would have something fixed as it were

any thoughts?

hi, having been on here previously with issues on car seats/my neck, I just wondered, does the Titanium have lumbar support and if so, do you reckon there is a way to get my seat swapped out for one with lumbar.

they obv have same fittings and sizes as the car is the same size?

and anyone who does have lumbar on their fiesta, is it good?

I had it on my mazda and whilst i may have had the lumbar bit not that raised, i think the fact it was there made the seat back that bit firmer

i could buy a portable support but rather would have something fixed as it were

any thoughts?

I have lumbar adjust but it was an extra cost option even on my Titanium + X-pack. It's something you set and forget, so I'm not sure I can comment on how "good" it is, but I'm prone to back problems and haven't had any problems with the seats.

thanks.. at least i know it is there, so even though it will cost, there might be a way i can get it done, perhaps where one with the lumbar has been scrapped and seat is ok type thing

will ask dealers what they think when i go in there saturday as my mats have finally arrived - my issue is more my neck but i do think its due to lack of lumbar - for me personally

well... maybe a result. and the help of fab dealer - blackaby and pearce in harrow

they said they can order the inside of the frame that has the lumbar part in and fit it - provided the actual frame fits the ok on my seat, as apparantly sometimes even though a part is available, the fittings alter enough that they cant do it

so.... before i do that, i am going to try to find (going to be hard) one in a showroom - with lumbar, so imagine i am going to look for 2nd hand one there as wont be sitting there on a new one.. .and try it. the dealer said yes its lumbar but doesnt come out massively...

so my question is to you Antony, do you remember if the lumbar does have much adjustment, as in, if it only comes out/firms the seat the tiniest bit, not sure it wd be worth doing - but dont want to make you alter it, in case you forget where it was and suffer...

or anyone else out there with the lumbar fitted

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing a neck consultant tomorrow so will see what he thinks and if it is lumbar issue, will just buy one of those rolls that have elastic on i think.. cheaper than doing the ford option... although some of them are quite thick and i dont want to be pushed off the seat

i keep altering the steering wheel reach and car seat height.. just want to enjoy driving my car

any other suggestions welcome

on another note, do we know if synch my ride will be available any time soon here in the UK? seems a good programme

Did you get any further with this? :-) I would like Lumbar support in my Zetec S seats

hi, no, not yet... i am still mucking about with seat positions which is driving me mad and causing discomfort. i think lumbar is the way forward but to be honest, i will try a lumbar roll first as it is £20 rather than the £150 in proper procedure. that way i could have seat back a bit further back, but not be slumped cos of lumbar. then if that sorts me, i will consider having it fitted by Ford.

If I sit more upright, i find the seat gives me lower back ache, if less upright, then neck ache... weird or what

i think though, it is a great idea having the lumbar fitted.. shame they dont offer it on all models cos it costs £50 as an option, but obv this is 3 x more if added

just want to be comfortable and enjoy the car :-( love it except the discomfort

let me know what you decide too

hi, no, not yet... i am still mucking about with seat positions which is driving me mad and causing discomfort. i think lumbar is the way forward but to be honest, i will try a lumbar roll first as it is £20 rather than the £150 in proper procedure. that way i could have seat back a bit further back, but not be slumped cos of lumbar. then if that sorts me, i will consider having it fitted by Ford.

If I sit more upright, i find the seat gives me lower back ache, if less upright, then neck ache... weird or what

i think though, it is a great idea having the lumbar fitted.. shame they dont offer it on all models cos it costs £50 as an option, but obv this is 3 x more if added

just want to be comfortable and enjoy the car :-( love it except the discomfort

let me know what you decide too

Sounds like your getting the same issue as me.

I am going to see a chiropractor but having to drive with a cushon at the moment :-(

mine is in my neck rather than back, but obv same cause... its so odd.. no matter what i do seat wise, it happens. i just wish i had taken note of how far i was from wheel or what angle i had seat in, on my old car as obv that suited me.

i have ordered the mckenzie original lumbar support online to see if it helps. if so, i will consider having the lumber support put in by Ford.

if it doesnt, and i cannot always have Osteo cos my health company wont pay and ridiculous if it is the car - then i will sell the car :-( although then it would mean starting again

if i slouch at home i am fine, if i am upright at home i am fine, so only conclusion (for me) i think is that its when my arms are out too as in on the steering wheel.. although it still is all very odd and weird

good luck with chiro and cushion.. hope it helps or maybe they can see you in your car and say what it is you need to do and how to sit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club