Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TDCI Focus 52'

Mr Kills

Hi everybody i'm new to this forum

I need some advice pls

I have a focus 1.8 tdci, it will generally start first time from cold, but if i stall or stop the car before engine warms up it won't start again for roughly ten to fifthteen minutes, when it does finally start i'm getting huge amounts of white smoke out of exhaust

has anybody else encountered this problem or know whats wrong

Hi everybody i'm new to this forum

I need some advice pls

I have a focus 1.8 tdci, it will generally start first time from cold, but if i stall or stop the car before engine warms up it won't start again for roughly ten to fifthteen minutes, when it does finally start i'm getting huge amounts of white smoke out of exhaust

has anybody else encountered this problem or know whats wrong

White smoke in the exhaust is usually a sign of water if i remember correctly, sounds like you may have a leaking cylinder head gasket which could also account for the bad starting before its warmed up.

White smoke in the exhaust is usually a sign of water if i remember correctly, sounds like you may have a leaking cylinder head gasket which could also account for the bad starting before its warmed up.

ok thanks, i'll check it out, are focus's prone to head gasket problems??

i've just changed all 4 glow plugs and added some fotre treatment into my fuel system to clean it out

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club