Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Esp

mikeo

Hi everyone

First post for me.

Just bought a 6 month old Fiesta 1.25 zetec and was wondering how I can tell if it has ESP?

From searching the forum, I've seen a comment that cars built after June 2010 have it as standard.

Well. I've de-coded my VIN and the letters AM would appear to indicate it was built July 2010 (NB. first registered 27/9/2010). And when I switch on the engine, one of the lights that quickly appears then disappears, seems to show a car with wavy lines (ESP light!?). So I'm assuming it has ESP but wondered if anyone could corroborate this.

Nice little car. Bit of a culture shock performance wise. Though an interesting drive anyway. Certainly different from my previous three cars (Subaru Impreza WRX turbo's). Just got fed up of the humongous running costs and now I only do a tinnny mileage, could not see the point in such an expensive car sitting in the garage 99% of its time. Or it could just be that I'm getting old! (don't answer that!).

I've got the 1.6 zs which has car with wavy lines on dash. I also am able to turn it off with switch on centre consol. I also know what you mean about performance after last 8 years driving Type R and Leon FR 170. it feels sooo slow thought maybe somethink wrong.Have you looked at ETIS http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=75B25002A442585ECE4A3AAA8BDEA330.walv0673

Do you have an 'off' button under the heating controls?

If so, you've got ESP

Do you have an 'off' button under the heating controls?

If so, you've got ESP

The off button only comes on the Zetec-S - other models have ESP but ZS is the only one with the option of turning it off.

Try putting your VIN in to Ford ETIS and see if it tells you on there.

The off button only comes on the Zetec-S - other models have ESP but ZS is the only one with the option of turning it off.

Try putting your VIN in to Ford ETIS and see if it tells you on there.

Thanks for that. An interesting and useful site.

Gives an interesting amount of info. but does not appear to mention ESP! Only "With IVD/Traction Control/ABS".

Makes me wonder why I appear to have an ESP light on the dash if I don't have ESP!!

I could ask the dealer I bought it from, but as he has already told me that "double clicking the lock button on the remote activates the alarm system" (which I'm pretty sure it doesn't have! and that it just activates the dead locks) I'm not sure I would put much credence in his reply.

I've got the 1.6 zs which has car with wavy lines on dash. I also am able to turn it off with switch on centre consol. I also know what you mean about performance after last 8 years driving Type R and Leon FR 170. it feels sooo slow thought maybe somethink wrong.Have you looked at ETIS http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=75B25002A442585ECE4A3AAA8BDEA330.walv0673

Try going from a 4x wheel drive 250bhp Impreza to a Fiesta with 80bhp! Though if there's one thing almost 40 years driving has taught me, is that you can enjoy most modern cars. If you ignore the 0-60, you can even have fun (in a safe and sensible way of course)in a basic small car. The Fiesta takes the twisties pretty well and in a strange way, it can be almost ("almost") as much fun trying to extract the most from a small car, then a genuine fast car. If you see what I mean. :)

I thought loosing 50bhp and a turbo was bad enough, but for you loosing 170bhp & turbo :o

Stability control (esp) and traction control come together as a package so yes you will have it. The light illuminating on start up is the system doing the self test. Cars without it don't illuminate the esp/tc light on start up. Hope that helps a little.

Stability control (esp) and traction control come together as a package so yes you will have it. The light illuminating on start up is the system doing the self test. Cars without it don't illuminate the esp/tc light on start up. Hope that helps a little.

Thanks for that. I sort of assumed as much but thought I'd check with some more knowledgeable folks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club